cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

No TV service after upgrading to fibre

5 REPLIES
david888
Team Player

The subject says it all. Since upgrading the broadband to fibre yesterday, I cannot get any of the boost channels to work. Tuning to the channels just gives a blank screen with no error messages. The Youview box is connected to the router via an ethernet cable (no powerline adaptor). Have tried

• Resetting HG633 router
  • Resetting Youview box via maintenance menu
  • Enabling Advanced TV and setting the connection type to bridged mode on the hidden HG633 iptv settings page. IGMP proxy is enabled.

Anything else I should try before the engineer visits next Wednesday?

hosay299
Enlightened One

have u tired chatting with the support team

as when i did the same they changed some tv setting at there end 

could be that which means u do not need a bright spark to come out and do that 

have they check all there bites there end

Have u checked the box is connted to the internet as in the tv light on router is on???

if so try re-tune tv channels

can u get the talktalk tv player???

does chanel 900 work should be Brightsparks Test Channel ---=== as that is a channel the person will use to help fix the issue ??

Hope that helps have a search on the forum to see if any one else has had the same type thing

this is not a live thead and a oce might to get to u untill them

Hope that help
Joe
david888
Team Player

If by support team you mean the Indian call centre, then, yes, I have talked to them and it is they who have arranged for an engineer to call next week. However, as everything was working perfectly prior to upgrading to fibre, I am inclined to think that the problem is at their end. Unfortunately, I have no idea what they have done other than blindly following a script, e.g.

Me: Catch up and on demand TV works fine. I can watch movies from the film club and previous recordings play fine.

TT: Have you check the ethernet cable is plugged into the back of the Youview box?

Channel 900 is blank, just like all the other boost channels, again without any error messages displayed.

TV was retuned as part of resetting the Youview box.

The TV light on the router flashes intermittently.

hosay299
Enlightened One

david888 wrote:

If by support team you mean the Indian call centre, then, yes, I have talked to them and it is they who have arranged for an engineer to call next week. However, as everything was working perfectly prior to upgrading to fibre, I am inclined to think that the problem is at their end. Unfortunately, I have no idea what they have done other than blindly following a script, e.g.

Me: Catch up and on demand TV works fine. I can watch movies from the film club and previous recordings play fine.

TT: Have you check the ethernet cable is plugged into the back of the Youview box?

Channel 900 is blank, just like all the other boost channels, again without any error messages displayed.

TV was retuned as part of resetting the Youview box.

The TV light on the router flashes intermittently.

Seems to me like there side is the issue as if 3 party bites are working then it shows u talktalk tv side

have u tryed tv channel re-tune

try chatting with them again and see if they can do changes while u are chatting with them???

i had the issue like that and turns out it was a tv code there end had changed when on fibire bb But i am talktalk TV trail member and it was them who sorted it out as it was replated to that side more from what i can rember.

They should see activity at there end or saying that i only know that as there tv team in uk called me to sort out a up-date message error which showed up diffranly there end???

could be somthing in the mindle which they can not touch or do??

Do keep a log of what they have done so u can tell the person on wednseday and also keep notes of what they do just in case they try a charge u for something else after the visit.

i have had it before they say no charge but next bill get charged.

Hope that help
Joe
david888
Team Player

Called them again. Unfortunately, because there is an engineer visit pending, they cannot check or alter any settings. Let's hope an OCE picks this up on Monday.

david888
Team Player

Could an OCE please take a look at this? The engineer visited on Tuesday and, as expected, couldn't find anything wrong at my end. He passed the ownership of the problem back to TalkTalk and there has been no progress since.

Thanks.