Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No boost channels

31 REPLIES 31
Matt19841
Participant

I've just set everything up and none of the channels from. My entertainment boost are working. It says I need to set up or add them, however my account is showing them as active? 

hosay299
Insightful One

Hi welcome and ok when was ur go live date??

are u able to get the talktalk player working???

----

A bite of info of Forum:
The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:- Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Hope that help Joe R If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Matt19841
Participant
Hi, just today. I can get things like iplayer and Netflix working but not any of the shows that would be subscription. Although it does seem like I'd be able to buy boxsets ect.
Matt19841
Participant

I've done a it if googling and it seems this is a common problem which people have been left with for over a month. I'm thinking of cancelling this service if it can't be fixed quickly as I feel I may have just brought a very expensive freeview box. Really disappointed.

ferguson
Community Star

When it asked to set up your channels what did you do?

Matt19841
Participant
It says I need to set up or add channel.
ferguson
Community Star

Yes, so what you did you do? Click OK?

Matt19841
Participant
Sorry I miss read that. It says push OK for more info, when I do that I get a loading screen which then returns to the previous screen.
ferguson
Community Star

When you first subscribe to a TV Boost you are asked to set up, any channel from the relevant package will do, then you should be good to go. Are the channels showing in the Guide?

Matt19841
Participant

Yes the channels show up in the guide. How are you supposed to set them up, occasionally I get a message saying its a fault with my broadband and an error message ipc6017 and to restart my router. I'm fairly sure the broadband is fine though as I can watch iplayer ect. 

ferguson
Community Star

If you have the channel in the Guide then the first time you select it you will be asked to confirm set up. Just press OK to do that. Can you confirm you have done that? Are you using a direct connection from your box to the router, or powerline adapters?

Matt19841
Participant

I was asked to set up or add but just taken to a loading screen for a few seconds before returning to previous screen. I'm connected via ethernet straight from router. 

ferguson
Community Star

OK, I have flagged this up so that the support team can look into this for you, make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile here so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then give them a day or two to respond.

Matt19841
Participant
Okay. Thanks.
Community Team

Hi Matt

Can you try the following.

Reboot box via button at the back.

Perform a software update Menu>Settings>Software Information>Update Software.

Load More TV (TalkTalk/MoreTV button on remote) Check if you can view any on demand boost content.  

The more TV section will force a subscription check.

Retest missing channel and see if it will play.  If it asks to set the channel up, follow the on screen steps.

Let me know if this procedure works or if the channel remains blank/errors.

Thanks

Karl. 

Matt19841
Participant

Morning, 

Done those steps, says software is up to date. When I tried to play something from more TV I got a message saying "playback failure TTG-252.

If I try any of the subscription channels I get either  "subscription channel unavailable, there is a problem with your broadband which is affecting sky one check your connection between your box and router, then restart router. IPC6017" or "you need to set up sky one or add channel, press OK for more info"  When I do that it either returns to previous screen after a few seconds of loading or gives me a message saying tv boost are not available, and to change my settings on the website. According to the website I already have the boosts though.

I'm fairly certain it's connected fine to the router as I can watch iplayer and things without problems? I also have the subscription section in the guide so it recognises I have them. Just won't play. 

Community Team

Hi

I've passed this to my TV colleagues to look at the back end system.

Thanks

Karl. 

Matt19841
Participant
Thanks for trying to help
Community Team

Hi Matt,

I've requested an engineer for this one.  Turns out its not a TV issue, it's actually a broadband issue. Your fibre is not connecting correctly and still connecting to our DSL equipment at the exchange.  This will cause the TV not to work as a side effect.

Thanks

Karl. 

Matt19841
Participant
Oh right, thanks for letting me know. Is that something I'll need to be around for? I live alone and work full time so rarely available.