Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No sound from scart out of Huawai box DN372T

3 REPLIES
Lapitude
Chatterbox

I posted previously about no RCA audio output on these box. I use HDMI for my TV which works fine but I wanted to output audio to my AV amp (no HDMI) and finally found a SCART to RCA cable for the the SCART output on the box - but no sound. I see that it is recommended not to have both connected but as far as I can see that is to stop the TV switching inputs if both connected. I have gone into the settings and there is no control for switching the scart on and off. Does anybody know what the definitve situation is?

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Lapitude

There isn't one. You either have a SCART or HDMI connection. You should get sound though, do you get sound if just the SCART is connected, it sounds as if the SCART pins are for a different setup possibly input only ? Has your AV amp got an optical input, if so use one of them !

Does your TV not have an audio output source?

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Community Team

Hi Lapitude

As fre55die advises, it would possibly work better if you took the TV sound output to your amp as this will now work from the box via the scart with the HDMI in use.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Make Broadband Better - Join The Sam Knows Trial

fre55die
Community Star

@Lapitude

I'd reckon that what you have picked up is a video camera lead input to TV which possably also has a yellow lead for the video INPUT to a TV.

No other options I can think of. I use my TV output into my home cinema and it picks up the full 5.1 surround sound PROPERLY from my Blu-ray player as well !!!!

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.