Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No sound

17 REPLIES 17
dclholly
Conversation Starter

My DN370T box has stopped outputing sound over HDMI.  Applies to live Tv and recorded programmes.  Was working fine yesterday but despite re-booting I now get total silence!

Any ideas?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @dclholly

Worth trying a different HDMI port on the TV. I assume you've not just changed the TV.

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer

dclholly
Conversation Starter

I've tried that and also have connected other sources via the HDMI and they work fine.  Also the sound is routed to an AV amp and this does not work or if direct on the TV.

Gondola
Community Star

...so far pointing to a failure in the HDMI cable (check by substitution) or the box.

The Soft reset of the TV Box often works to fix strange operating faults. Press and hold the YouView front panel power / standby button for 8 seconds, until the lights change then let go. Then just wait for the box to restart. Or, when the hard drive isn't active do a Power reset. Power off at the back on/off switch or mains power socket, wait a few minutes and repower.

More complex issues might require a Maintenance Mode reset of the TV Box (Click here). Read the instructions so you know what to expect, select your box model and when prompted on screen select Option 2 (Keep recordings) as a first choice.

If the Maintenance Mode reset works then restore the box settings and at the same time it's worth rebooting the router and any connecting powerline adaptors and check they've got green lights showing.

You'll need to reinstate a lot of personal settings, including parental control PIN if used, Antenna out back to On, Picture & Sound setup, Apps & player logins, Mobile devices reconnected for the TV Planner app and TV Guide (yellow button) hidden channels.

Any Watch lists and Scheduled recordings will need to be reinstated so make a note of these before a Maintenance Mode reset.

dclholly
Conversation Starter

So I've tried everything and done a factory reset, but still no sound.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi dclholly

I've alerted the TalkTalk Community Team. They'll respond here probably with the offer of exchanging the TV Box so long as you're still subscribing to a TV Boost.

Looks like your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, address, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Check, amend if needed, then scroll down and save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account.

dclholly
Conversation Starter

Thanks.

Community Team

Hi dclholly

I'm sorry to hear this.

Some TV’s may use a later version of HDMI, can you check if you have an option within the TV Setup Menu to change the HDMI version?

There is also a compatibility issue between some TV’s that use Deep Colour Mode and non UHD Devices such as the youview box.

Please can you check the TV settings menu. On some TV’s they may need to be in AV mode rather than TV mode. Can you also check if there is an option to turn UHD Deep Colour Off?

Thanks

Debbie

dclholly
Conversation Starter

I can't find any options for hdmi or deep colour mode.  Just to confirm that all was working fine yesterday and I haven't changed any settings overnight!

Community Team

Hi dclholly

Thanks for your reply.

Did you complete a full Maintenance Mode reset of the TV Box?

Debbie

dclholly
Conversation Starter

Yes - a full maintenance mode reset.

Community Team

Hi dclholly

I can send a replacement box, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

dclholly
Conversation Starter

That would be great.  Many thanks for your help.

Community Team

Hi dclholly

The replacement TV box and returns bag are on the way. Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

dclholly
Conversation Starter

Thanks Debbie

I'll update you on how it goes.

Regards

Paul

Community Team
dclholly
Conversation Starter

Thanks Debbie

New box received and working well.  Old box posted back today.

Regards

Paul

Community Team

Hi Paul,

Glad our team has been able to help.

Regards,

Karl.