Did you mean: 
Need help?

NowTV Subscription

ANSWERED
9 REPLIES 9
richardlister
Conversation Starter

Hi,

I've subscribed to NOWTv and enjoy the extra entertainment channels but I need to use an external app and cast or buy another box to plug in.

Wouldn't it be better if the channels just appeared as normal channels and I could record or find them on demand? or go to the Built in NowTV app (which I don't see the point of if it doesn't recognise me as a subscriber)

Or is that not what 2 companies in competition do?

I could subscribe to a TalkTalk boost but there is no Sky Atlantic.

What do you all do?

Richard

Richard Lister
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Richard

The NowTV app on YouView TV Boxes supports you as a subscriber to NowTV's Sky Cinema On Demand pass.  Just sign in to the app. The app does not support live streaming or other passes.

What I have is a NowTV Smart Box supplied for free by NowTV (look out for their emails and offers - my offer was a free box for £5 postage). The advantage of a smart box is that you can watch any of the passes for both On Demand content and the live streaming of Sky Channels.

In place of the smart box there's the NowTV stick.

I still use the TalkTalk TV Box for subscriptions, at present, but I do like the NowTV Smart Box and the offers are genuine.  The Film rentals are good on the TalkTalk TV Box which is great because it does take a while for new releases to appear On Demand with NowTV. 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

richardlister
Conversation Starter
so you can link the Cinema pass to Talktalk box but not the entertainment pass?
It would be nice for channel list to see all channels without moving around input devices.

I guess I'm still searching for the one box for all Shangri-la!

Mrs L has always struggled with the "AV" button and my Av Receiver can't auto switch sound on certain devices plugged in. So 2 instructions needed.

I pray for a day when everything is on demand and I pay for what I watch!
thanks for assistance.
Richard
Richard Lister
ferguson
Community Star

Just to add that there are many other devices which you can use to watch NOW TV, not just their own box and stick.

https://www.nowtv.com/devices

Gondola
Community Star
Solution

@richardlister wrote: so you can link the Cinema pass to Talktalk box but not the entertainment pass?

Hi Richard, you set up your NowTV login on the TalkTalk TV Box app and it will recognise that you have a Cinema pass and provide the On Demand content for that pass so long as your account has space to add the TV Box as one of your viewing devices.

I find that, the various boxes automatically switch the TV to the required HDMI input.  But when needed I find that the source button on the TalkTalk remote control is my best friend!

richardlister
Conversation Starter

Can you come and stay with Mrs L when I'm out then........

I think the point I'm making here is that the Cinema pass integrates nicely with the TT box so it knows what you can watch via the box - I'm suggesting it would be nice if Entertainment pass did the same and the channels were viewable on usual TT listings.

thanks for support anyway.

R

Richard Lister
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Richard

It would be nice.

It would also be nice of NowTV and TalkTalk to be able to agree more content sharing. Maybe if TalkTalk gave up the Entertainment Boost's Sky content that would leave the door open to the NowTV Entertainment pass.

The big disrupter of conventional viewing is On Demand from various platforms. The latest arrival to TalkTalk's TV Box is Amazon Prime. About Amazon Prime Video 

ferguson
Community Star

There has been talk of the full NOW TV service coming to BT TV which uses the YouView platform also. Whether that will affect the services available on TalkTalk, or non-subscription boxes for that matter, only time will tell. But there are certainly developments coming in this area so worth keeping a look out for.

The other key difference between Sky and other Boost channels on TalkTalk TV and NOW TV is that the former are recordable which some customers find to be a desirable feature.

richardlister
Conversation Starter

yes - I think that's what I'm getting at @ferguson except NowTV Entertainment includes Sky Atlantic which I'm using a lot at the moment or I was (GOT!) And it would be nice to record that.

So I guess in summary I've answered my own question that channels get added and integrated to the TT box but Sky Atlantic just needs adding to the TalkTalk boost then I'm in! But I guess Sky were asking a fortune while GOT was on it.

thanks again all.

R

Richard Lister
ferguson
Community Star

@richardlister Sky Atlantic is very much regarded as their premium channel and in my opinion is unlikely to appear on anything other than Sky's own platforms. So either full-blown Sky with all the costs which that entails, although including the ability to record. Or NOW TV with its slimmed down Entertainment Pass, with streaming and On Demand only.