Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Nowtv not supported

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

When did nowtv become unsupported? Went to watch it tonight and no longer available. When did this happen and why wasn't I notified about it? Extremely annoyed about it! Just paid for another month and now can't watch it!

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @shaunmy2

NowTV updated the app on 26 November. 

There's a dedicated TalkTalk freephone number to call to upgrade your TalkTalk TV box for free to watch NowTV. 

Call 0800 049 0531

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Thanks for the help. I tried the number couldn't get an answer. So thought I would try the chat. Oh my god wish I hadn't. I explained that the nowtv app is no longer supported on my youview box. The 'technical' person couldn't understand why. So I went through updating the box, updating the apps, switching off and rebooting. In-between all this explaining that the apps and box are up to date, and that I need a newer 1. They wouldn't except that. I explained again and again over the course of an hour and 10 mins on chat. Also told them that nowtv and youview websites have messages on them saying I need the newer box. Still wouldn't except it. Then wanted to charge me £200 for a new box!! In the end they said that the box is faulty! We will send you a new 1 free of charge. Hooray, we got there in the end! How come Nowtv and Youview know about this but TalkTalk have no clue?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Shaun

That's why I gave you a dedicated number to call.  Although you're invited to say the reason for the call it should flag up the NowTV issue and save a whole lot of time. 

As you chose to try an alternative path I'd like to make sure that the correct TalkTalk TV Box is being sent out to you. No point in having an identical TV Box. You need the upgraded specification to be compatible with NowTV.

Please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, address, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account on Monday, check the order and if necessary correct it.

Hopefully a correction will not be needed but I'd like to make sure.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Thank you. I did try calling the number but it just kept ringing for ages and no answer. The current box I have is the Dn370t the original 1 from when TalkTalk first brought out Youview. Surely they don't still have the old boxes in stock if they are of no use now? I have updated my details. Thank for your help

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Shaun

Thanks for updating your Community profile.

The DN370t (PVR1) is limited in functionality when compared with later specification TV Boxes but is still soldiering on with the 2017 release of next generation YouView. The new NowTV app not being supported does further limit its usability.

Yes, the PVR1 Box hasn't been provided to new customers for a while now and I do believe, from the quoted price, that you are being sent a free DN372t.  However, I did want to request a double check to make sure the agents weren't able to place an order for a direct exchange of the older model and did specify the DN372t in the order so that you can continue to run NowTV.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi shaunmy2

The update to NOW TV app was beyond our control and done solely by NOW TV.  We do understand the frustration this can cause but our teams have been made aware and the correct TV box will be supplied to support the NOW app.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Thanks for checking that for me. Can you tell me what the difference is between the 2 boxes please? Obviously the Nowtv app will work lol

Highlighted

Hi

The new box is a later model and the hardware in the box will fully support the changes that now TV have made.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Ok, just received the new Youview box. I think it's the wrong 1. It has DN360T on the back of box! Not DN372T but it is a lot smaller than my old 1. Can you confirm this for me please. Thanks

Highlighted

Hi shaunmy2

Really sorry for this, I did place an order for the DN372 model.

I'll get this sorted out for you.  Just waiting for the delivery order to complete on the account so I can go back in and action this.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

That's great thanks. Wot shall I do with this one?

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi

I'll get a returns bag out for that one.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Ok, cheers 👍

Highlighted
Chatterbox

I have the same issue, and nowtv not working on old TalkTalk Box, please help.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

You need the new updated TT box, the DN372T. Either ring the number at the begining of this thread or go on the chat to the tech team and ask them for a new one FREE!

Highlighted
First Timer

I have the same problem and the customer support dont seem to be able to help me

Community Star

Hi @Martin37

Could you please start your own thread for support as each problem is individual and needs investigating separately.

IMPORTANT

Could you please also ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Launch Profile Wizard,put your phone number in box, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.