Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

OPT Out of the £4.00 TalkTalk TV charge

20 REPLIES 20
nileshpateluk
Whizz Kid

Hi,

Please can you OPT me OUT, as I don't use the service.

Thanks,

Nilesh.

OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

I'll drop you a PM with some security info required, to allow me to access your account.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

nileshpateluk
Whizz Kid

Messages state that I have exceeded the limit to send a private message.

See attached picture.

Please can you sort this.

Thanks.

Error.JPG

OCE_Karl

Hi @nileshpateluk

Can you try and send the PM now.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

nileshpateluk
Whizz Kid

KArl,

I have sent you a PM after multiple retries, looks like the website needs work....

Please can you action as soon as possible.

Thanks.

OCE_Karl

Hi nileshpateluk

I've processed your request.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

nileshpateluk
Whizz Kid

Thanks Karl.

What do I do with the TalkTalk TV box ?  Its about 9 years old, I think it was the first revision, Painfully slowwww to use.

Should I just through it away ?

OCE_Debbie

Hi nileshpateluk

Do you still use the TV Box?

Thanks

Debbie

nileshpateluk
Whizz Kid

Debbie,

Using it is painfully slow, takes about 10 seconds between menu's in settings and about 10 seconds when chainging channels.

I have reset the box a few times but makes no differance, it seems its probably too old to take the latest software,

I would use it, if it was USEABLE 🙂

OCE_Debbie

Hi nileshpateluk

I can send a replacement TV Box for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

nileshpateluk
Whizz Kid

Debbie,

That would be GREAT, but does that mean I have to pay the £4.00 that TalkTalk is intoducing next month, as I have already opted out with Karl ?

If NOT, Please can you send me a replacement box.

Thanks.

OCE_Debbie

Hi nileshpateluk

No as OCE_Karl has already processed this request.

The replacement TV Box is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

nileshpateluk
Whizz Kid

Hi,

I have received the replacement box today and all I can say WOW !

The speed increase from my 9+ Year old box is like going from a bicycle to a Ferrari 🙂

The channels change in a fraction of a second now, not 20 - 30 seconds as before and also the catchup services are actually useable now.

Thanks for arranging the replacement, its much appreciated 🙂

I will send the old box back in the return bag included.

Thanks once again.

OCE_Debbie

Hi nileshpateluk

That's great news, thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Debbie

richij
Whizz Kid

@OCE_Debbie I know hijacking a thread is frowned upon, but I'm using this thread for context: I have the same issue as Nilesh. Hope you don't mind.

My original TalkTalk-branded YouView box is super, super slow. Resets done, per Karl's instructions, without improvement. Could I get a replacement box as well, pretty-please? scream_with_fear_face

agogathow
Conversation Starter

@OCE_Debbie  same for me. I have tried on now three separate occassions to get a replacement box but have either given up trying via the chat window or had two operators hang up on me (typical talk talk customer service in my experience)- ours is ridiculously slow - I just tried to talk to someone about this just now and they hung the phone up on me. Is this really the way to treat someone who's been a customer for 15+ years?

I also want to opt out of this £4 TV charge I don't use it and am not interested.

PLEASE someone take responsibility for this and contact me.

OCE_Karl

Hi

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Working From Home Tips

richij
Whizz Kid

@OCE_Karl wilco (well, haveco, I guess)

pgjenn
Team Player

@OCE_Debbie wrote:

Hi nileshpateluk

I can send a replacement TV Box for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

@OCE_Debbie I have exactly the same problem. My box is 4or5 years old and is unusably slow. Would you please arrange this for me as well?

P.G.J.

OCE_Karl

Hi pgjenn

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Working From Home Tips