cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

On Demand has stopped working for stations

27 REPLIES 27
Team Player

On Demand (catch up) has stopped working for some stations but not others. ITV hub and C4 try to load but get as far as the program select then crash. BBC catch up works ok.

I've restarted everything but no joy. Please can you help? Thanks. 

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Do you have an aerial connected to the youview box ?

This is important for the likes of ITV player etc as they identify the region from the freeview signal, so if no aerial this will not work.

If the aerial is connected then you could try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).

Please note any future scheduled recordings will be lost and will have to be rescheduled.

Set the box back up and allow it to download the software for the players and retest.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Team Player

Hello, thank you for the reply. The confusing issue is that BBC catch up works ok, but ITV hub and Channel 4 catch up get so far then crash.

All catch up stations get past the first screen ok, then onto the program selection (i.e. Emmerdale on ITV Hub), then it seems to try but crashes back to the APPS & PLAYERS start again.

NOTE: THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN WITH BBC, so it's not a connection problem.

I suspect it's the software in the box? Has this been altered recently? Thanks. 

Hi

No software has been updated or changed recently and we hove no other reports of this.

If you try the Youview Maintenance Reset and then let the box update the software and see if there is any change.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Team Player

Hello, I've done the 'reset keep recordings' but the problem is still there. Had to sign in again to all catchup players: BBC works ok, ITV Hub gets so far then crashes, same for C4.

I am loathe to lose the recordings as a family member was on a local tv station, and this is one of the recordings.

Team Player

For info:

Huawei

DN370T.02.04.P

VARIANT 1

Hi

Are you able to test the box direct to the router , by passing any powerline adapters ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Team Player

Hello, no, I don't have a long enough network cable. Also I am wondering what this would prove? Some catchup stations are working ok, but others crash, so the connections are presumably working.

Just tried the ITH Hub again and it nearly gets to the program:

Enters the hub ok. 

Shows the numerous programs. 

Selects the program episode to watch.

Screen goes pale white as if it's about to start. 

Screen goes black. 

Goes back to APPS & PLAYERS. 

Team Player

Hello, I got in touch with technical support and they promised to call me (after trying to flog me fibre) between 6pm-8pm yesterday, but guess what... didn't call. 

This is not an isolated 

case of this issue, I did a search in the Community and someone had exactly the same problem in June 2018, even down to the same on demand channels either working or not working. Solution was reset, but this has not worked for me.

Maybe send a new box?

Thanks 

Hi Jeffersok

Apologies for the delay.

Can I just check if you have recently completed a maintenance reset? How to find maintenance mode?

Thanks

Debbie

Team Player

I've done a 'reset keep recordings' which has not solved the problem. 

Hi Jeffersok

Thanks for testing this. I can send a replacement TV Box for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Debbie

Team Player

Hello, yes, please send a replacement. Thank you. 

Hi Jeffersok

Please can you add your name to your Community Profile, I can then send the TV Box.

Thanks

Debbie

Team Player

Ok Done

Hi Jeffersok

Thank you for updating your Community Profile 🙂

The replacement TV Box is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Team Player

Thank you. I have received a msg that it will be delivered tomorrow. 

I have noticed increased problems today, so the new box is just in time. 

Today my recordings would not play even though they are shown on the screen. 

As a last measure I did a complete 'reset delete recordings', this took a long time to finish but now several of the on-demand players have gone completely and will not install at all.

The EPG programme guide is also exhibiting problems in that it took 3 restarts to get it loaded. 

Hi Jeffersok

Thanks for keeping us updated. Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

Team Player

Hello, the new box arrived and is working ok. All on-demand stations are present and I've checked each one.

The old box has been returned via my local post office.

Just a couple of things :

The volume is very low from the new box, I've had to put it up to 100 to match the normal tv volume. Can this be altered?

Also, how do I 'pair' the TV button on the new remote so that it works with my Sony tv?

Thanks.