cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

On demand and other channels keeps freezing .....

23 REPLIES 23
Popular Poster

Hi first time poster.... Just got the new TV box as talktalk upgraded my package etc meant to have faster fibre but our speeds seem so slow and this is causing problems to our programmes and on demand players. When they set this all up they said there shouldn't be a problem with speeds etc but they are rubbish. Reckon we need the newer router to cope with faster speeds, talktalk plz help a long time customer

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Line tests look ok.

What speeds are you getting wired (not wireless) at http://www.supportal-test.co.uk/

Log a couple of speed tests with your home phone number.

With regard to the TV which channels / players are freezing.  

Is the TV box connected direct to the router with a cable or do you use powerline adapters.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Popular Poster

I use power line adapters that r fairly new and never had a problem before. It's when we r watching sky channels and last night it was the BBC i player. I don't have a computer to check wired speeds as always do everything on my phone via wireless..... I have an Ariel in the loft so that's protected from the weather etc..... 

Hi

Are the adapters directly into wall sockets ?

Are the lights on the adapters green or turning amber / red when the problem occurs?

Is it possible to test the adapters in other electrical sockets to see if performance improves.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Popular Poster
Yes they are plugged straight into wall and as said never had a problem before. The lights are always green on them

Hi

OK, the router is over 4 years old, so lets get that swapped out first and see if this helps.

A new one will be with you in the next day or two.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Popular Poster
Wow thank you, because we are on the faster fibre we are on so hopefully that will help, many thanks for all Ur help I really appreciate it

No Problem 🙂

Test for a day or two when it arrives and let me know if you see any improvement.

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

Popular Poster

Hi Karl I've been using the new router I got sent and since then they have upgraded my TV box etc but now every night the signal drops off for WiFi sometimes for a couple of minutes not just on TV box but on mobiles aswell so know it's a problem with the router... The one sent is slower n worse than the one I had before.

Hi

I've made some changes to the wifi settings of the router as I can see some wifi congestion around you.

I've also separated the 2 wifi broadcast channels based on the evices I can see connected.  The 5ghz channel will now end with the letter 'D'. (same password).

You can try connecting some devices to either of the 2 wifi broadcasts and see if there is improvement between the 2 broadcast channels.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Popular Poster
Thank you so much I will keep an eye on it and let us know how it all is in a few days
Popular Poster
Not happy as had to do a relationship on the box as our sky entertainment channels have disappeared and I pay for that service and not been able to use it all day!!! Normally on the guide I can go to subscribed and they r there but they haven't been there all day???? One very unhappy customer
Community Star

Hi @frambo80

The boost channel problem is usually cured by Blue button on remote > Settings > Software Information > Update Software.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Popular Poster
Ok thank you will try that
Popular Poster
And glad u knew wot I meant as my auto correct put relationship instead of reset lmao 🤣
Popular Poster

@fre55die wrote:

Hi @frambo80

The boost channel problem is usually cured by Blue button on remote > Settings > Software Information > Update Software.

Thank you that's worked so now all sorted again 😊

Hi

Glad the channels have been restored.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Popular Poster

@OCE_Karl wrote:

Hi

Regards,

Karl. 

Hi I'm getting fed up with it happening as it does it nearly every day after it's done it's it's uodates or whatever over night getting close to saying *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* it n not having the bloody things any more

Popular Poster

Hi now all our tv channels freeze every now and again and the code ipc6023 comes on the screen, they freeze on normal and subscribed and its starting to really annoy me.

@OCE_Karl wrote:

Hi

Regards,

Karl. 

Community Star

Hi @frambo80

This does sound like the root cause is the Power Line Adapters. Is there any way that you can try fully factory resetting them and as Karl suggested, trying alternative plug sockets ?

Even better would be to connect the router to box by a long ethernet lead just to rule this option out if a full reset to factory settings and re-pairing of the plugs doesn't solve the problem.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.