would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

On demand keeps freezing

10 REPLIES
Highlighted
ZoeMC
Chatterbox

I am at my wit's end with Talktalk. Despite numerous phone calls, on line chats and an engineers visit, I still cannot watch anything on catch up/on demand, as it continually freezes/buffers and makes it unwatchable. Engineer said he thought he had fixed it but if not he would log that he had completed all checks to rule out anything else and if I rang up I would automatically be issued with a new youview box. When I contacted Talktalk there was no record of this and I had to go through all the hours of checks again. Part of this meant them stopping my broadband and phone line so I had to start all over again. When I refused to do this I was told if I didn't they would not help me, aaaaargh!!!!

Zoe Cooper
Community Team

Hi,

Can you please add your home phone number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

If unsure of your number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please reply when this has been updated.

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

ZoeMC
Chatterbox

I have added my number

Zoe Cooper
Community Team

Hi Zoe

Sorry for the delay.  An updated router is on the way to you.  Let me know when this arrives and is connected so I can make sure it has the latest firmware installed.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

ZoeMC
Chatterbox

Thanks Karl, I hope this means In will be able to use my youview box again. The engineer that came did say that my router was an old one, not that he suggested replacing it, which might have helped.

Zoe Cooper
ZoeMC
Chatterbox

Hi Karl,

The new router is now installed and my youview box seems to be working again. Thanks

Zoe Cooper
Community Team

Hi

Glad to hear its working now.

Regards,

Karl. 

ZoeMC
Chatterbox

Sadly my youview box has stopped working again after being ok with the new router for 3 weeks. It is now doing the same thing as before; freezing and buffering all the time. Please help.

Zoe Cooper
ZoeMC
Chatterbox

Al I have run the speed test and it is slow, only 26 Mbps

Zoe Cooper
Community Team

Hi

Speeds look ok.  i've reset the line / port for you and updated the router firmware, see if this helps.

Thanks

Karl. 

ZoeMC
Chatterbox

Sadly the same problem again. After working fine for a while the buffering and freezing has started again making it impossible to watch anything on any of the players.

Zoe Cooper