cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Ordered powerline adaptors, but

7 REPLIES
Slaphead
Chatterbox

Hi All, I've ordered some powerline adaptors so to use my TV upstairs in the bedroom, to watch the late movies, but my TV doesn't have a ethernet socket at the back. Is there a way to connect from the adaptor to my TV without using the ethernet cable?.. Hope this makes sence, as phoning up helpline is well hopeless, haha..

Cheers

Slap

fr8ys
Community Star

Unless your TV is a smart TV, then it can't be connected to the internet. 

To view normal TV it needs to be connected to an aerial. 

If you have a spare youview box then this can be connected via ethernet for catch up TV, but still need an aerial for Freeview channels. 

Have I answered your query or am I misunderstanding this? 

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Slaphead
Chatterbox

Thanks fr8ys, yeah it not a smart TV. Would it be possible to move the downstairs youview box (mainbox) upstairs, and connect this to the adaptors ethernet cable and then to the TV to watch my boost movies, I know it would be a pain to keep connecting and disconnecting from upstairs to downstairs..

Slaphead
Chatterbox

Just had a good look around the TV and found hiding away, the ethnet connection..Good to go

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Slaphead

What are you expecting to watch on this TV ? Your boosts will not play on a second device even an additional Youview box at present.!!

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Slaphead
Chatterbox

Hi fre55die, I have ordered these adaptors so i can watch the TV upstairs in bed, rather than fall asleep downstairs on the sofa. I didn't know i had ethernet on my tv upstairs, but after inspection i have, so I should be able to attach the ethernet cable from the adaptor to the back of the upstairs TV. I should be able then to watch the boost movies/footie from my downstairs youview box?

Is this right?...

Cheers,

Slap

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Slaphead

Unfortunately no. The only way that will work is to take your box upstairs with you as the signal needs decoding and TT will only authorise one box to receive the boost channels so, even if you bought another YV box, one would only receive freeview content.

What I did was to cancel the Sky cinema boost and bought 3 NOW TV boxes with 4 month cinema passes so a year of cinema in any room for £85ish. With the pass you can activate up to 4 devices and use any 2 at once for different things. The TT boxes have the NOW app installed and you can download the app to a tablet or phone for on the go or in house if you want. Note the now Entertainment package will only work on NOW box not YV boxes, but the on demand cinema does.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NOW-TV-Month-Cinema-Pass/dp/B016WGF8FC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1502548745&sr...

There are often deals on these, so it's worth shopping around. The vouchers apparently do not expire hence me buying 3. This is the best I found today but in July they were a bit cheaper.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Slaphead
Chatterbox

Thanks for that fre55die, appreciate the info.. Cheers