would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pick channel lost

ANSWERED
7 REPLIES 7
David951
Wise Owl

Checked my TV guide found Pick pressed button, black screen, then says no signal.   Tried my tv without box, it was there.  Did an update, running 72.47 119, is there a reason why it won't play? There are some others that also come up with no signal. The channels appear on normal freeview. I can't see that there is anything wrong with my ariel. Any suggestions?  

ferguson
Community Star

Have you tried a retune on your box?

David951
Wise Owl

Hi fergason,

have tried install software update and and resetting box.  Made no difference. I was wondering if it had anything to do with broadband but then again why does it work when I put ariel direct to the tv. 

ferguson
Community Star

The software is unlikely to make an impact on your broadcast channels. What does the Signal Strength/Quality show as in Settings? Which other channels are affected? It can often be worth a retune like I said, the YouView boxes with their twin tuners can be more sensitive than TVs, especially if you are in area where more than one transmitter prevails.

David951
Wise Owl

Did a full reset, turned box at rear, restarted pressed two buttons on front, in menu went for restore keep recording. Haven't tried signal strength quality will look tomorrow and see what other channels are out.

ferguson
Community Star
Solution

Note I said retune (twice), not restart.

David951
Wise Owl

Hi ferguson, 

have managed to get to box this morning. I retuned yesterday, but hope springs external, and this time the software can up with the latest version. I thought this was automatic overnight, unless someone has kindly switched me back on. It certainly would not change software yesterday. But thanks for your help problem is solved. David

ferguson
Community Star

Ace, glad to hear it.