Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Picture and sound not synchronised

8 REPLIES
Dudleian
Team Player

I've just rented a movie and when it plays the sound is ridiculously out of synch with the picture - not by the milliseconds that could be adjusted out via settings but by whole seconds - several whole seconds! I've rented before and never had this issue - I've started the movie several times and I have turned both the STB and my router off and back on but with no success.

I was SO looking forward to watching Superman and now my evening is ruined!

Richard Barley
Community Team

Hi

Can you tell me the exact title of the movie as shown in the listings, there are several Superman titles :)

Also, was this the HD or SD version?

Was the movie played from the TT store or from Sky on demand etc.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Dudleian
Team Player

Karl - 'Superman,The Movie' (1978) in SD rented from TT. Movies that I have bought are playing normally

There is a delay of at least 13 seconds between sound and picture (not exactly something that can be corrected via settings in STB) I am now outside my window of opportunity for playing g the movie and have effectively paid for something that is not fit for purpose

Richard Barley
Community Team

Hi

I'll raise this to our teams.

I've refunded the cost of the movie back to your account.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Dudleian
Team Player

Thanks

Richard Barley
Community Team

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

colind2
First Timer

ì have exactly the same issue with Pacific Rim which I have just rented and it is not watchable give the sound/pic massively out of sync. Very disappointed. Tried all the usual fixes as above with no joy. Anyone any suggestions please.Thanks.

QEL0465
Wise Owl
Have you tried looking at the setting in Picture and Sound in the Youview Settings menu - there is a setting in there that allows you to Synchronise Picture and Sound - could it be that this has been altered from 0ms?
Broadband Engineer
fre55die
Community Star

Hi @colind2

Could you please start your own thread for support as each problem is individual and needs investigating separately.

Could you please also ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information, Settings, Personal information, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.