would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Picture break up on subscription channels - wifi extender issue

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
rowlanda
Sightseer

For the last week my subscription channels have been unwatchable due to pixelation, picture freeze and sound drop out. I had checked all connections and restarted my Youview boxes. Yesterday I spent an hour on the phone to the help desk to no avail although I can't fault the employee who was trying to help me, so I booked an engineer visit. Yesterday evening my grandson complained that the wifi wasn't working in his bedroom. When I looked at the extender, which we've only had for 6 weeks, there was a red lamp flashing intermittently. This morning I switched off the extender and lo and behold the picture problems were no longer present. I've now restarted the extender and all seems to be well with both TV and wifi. I've no idea why this should happen, maybe someone out there came explain it.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

I've no idea why this happened.  Is all still running as it should now the extender has been restarted ?

Karl.

Highlighted
rowlanda
Sightseer

Karl, 4 hours on and everything is fine. I don't understand it either.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

Only thing I canthink may cause this is a power surge through the outlet etc.

Karl

Highlighted
rowlanda
Sightseer

Thanks Karl. I live in an apartment block and I and several other residents experience high lightbulb consumption, including LEDs. I already have surge protection on my TV ad computer, maybe I need it on my powerline adapters too.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

It would not hurt to try.  I prefer to use wifi to my TV box rather than adapters so use a nano router as an access point for the TV.

Thanks

Karl.