Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pixelated and picture freezing only on recordings/playback on YouView box

3 REPLIES 3
sallyling1
Popular Poster

Hi

For the past few weeks we have been experiencing pixalation and freezing on everything we have recorded on our freeview box. (Watching channels is ok; it's only playback/recorded films/programmes). We have also noted that we cannot watch programmes on UK TV play - (programmes on Demand).

I also noted a few months back that our Kids Boost didn't work, so I uninstalled it (as it was £6 a month).

We have done both Factory Reset (keeping the recordings) plus Factory Reset (deleting recordings) to no avail.

If someone could get back to us we would be most grateful.

Thanks

OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

The feeview channels are showing a signal strength between 55-63.

Do you have an external aerial ?

Is there a single aerial cable going directly to the box or do you have any splitters in place ?

Are you watching the freeview channels directly on the box or do you have an aerial to the TV and watch the freeview through the TV's receiver ?

If you are using powerline adapters are these also plugged directly into wall sockets and are all lights remaining green on the adapters ?

Do all recordings fail during playback or only some ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

sallyling1
Popular Poster

Hi Karl

We do have an external aerial.

We have a single aerial cable going directly to the box.

We are watching the freeview channels directly on the box, and yes the powerline adapters are plugged directly into wall sockets, and are always green.

All recordings are either pixelated, and/or freezing, making them unwatchable.

Thanks

SallyAnn

OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

If you connect the aerial directly to the TV do the freeview channels on this break up ?  Are you able to see the signal strength on the TV ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE