Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pixelating problems

15 REPLIES
Hologram1954
Sightseer

Over the last week my tv is pixelating badly on some channels,ive have spent 3 hours online this morning in live chat with talktalk going through retunes resetting to factory settings checking aerial connections etc,as I explained signal strength on channels BBC1 BBC 2 BBC 4 and talking pictures is around 42% strength and 60% quality, when connecting my tv aerial direct to my tv and using inbuilt freeview I have no problems. I was advised by live chat that I need to "monitor" the problem over the next few days ???? the problem has been there for a week its not going away on its own. what am I suppose to do now.?

Hologram1954
Sightseer

Now after another retune only 107 channels..I hope someone is going to respond to this..

redmelons
Conversation Starter
I had the same problem - rainwater had got into the terminals of my aerial (which was over 20 years old). A new aerial solved the pixelation and allowed me to receive all channels.
Hologram1954
Sightseer

Aerial is a new install,no problems with that.

Community Team

Hi Hologram1954

I'm sorry to hear this.

Can I just check which channels are worst affected? Was the signal quality previously ok on these channels when using your TV box?

Thanks

Debbie

Hologram1954
Sightseer

Main channels affected are BBC 1 BBC 2 BBC4 Talking pictures few others,internet channels are fine.

Community Team

Hi Hologram1954

Thanks for your reply.

Was the signal quality previously ok on these channels when using your TV box?

Thanks

Debbie

Hologram1954
Sightseer

All channels were OK up till 7 days ago. 

Community Team

Hi Hologram1954

I've a different model of router on the way to you.

I want you to test for a couple of days when this arrives and let me know if the problem is better or worse, or no different with this model.

Thanks

Karl. 

Hologram1954
Sightseer

OK Karl, as my Internet boost channels are OK I would have thought it was the you view box rather than the router that was the problem. 

Community Team

Hi

Your possibly correct, but I also want to test something else, so want to rule out any intermittent communication issues with the box causing it to have issues, before replacing the box for you.  This should only cause a small delay of a day or two.

Thanks

Karl. 

Hologram1954
Sightseer
OK thanks Karl.
Hologram1954
Sightseer

OK thanks Karl. 

Community Team

Cool,  As soon as this arrives, give it a test then report back and I'll take it from there.

Karl.

Hologram1954
Sightseer

OK will do. 

Hologram1954
Sightseer

Router has arrived and used it most of today,seems to be an improvement on all channels.