Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pixelation of Freeview SD channels

3 REPLIES
red-ed
Wizz Kid

Hi

I am continuing to experience pixelation on Freeview SD channels. Despite resets of the box and retuning with and without aerial connected. Signal strength is coming in at about 40-45% and quality (after a retune) quickly drops back to 74%. I have another set top box by another manufacturer which when connected to the same aerial feed gives a signal strength of about 72% and consistant quality of 100%.

I'm afraid therefore the Talktalk box I currently have is not fit for purpose and I do not feel I am getting what I am paying for.

Please can one of the mods pick this up for a posible box swap (hopefully for one that has got a decent tuner).

Thank you

Community Team

Hi

Can you remove the aerial from the TV box and retune, then connect the aerial and retune again and see if the signal strength improves.

Do you have any splitters fitted to the aerial cable or is it a single continuous cable from aerial to box.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

red-ed
Wizz Kid

Hi Karl

Thanks for the response. I do have a signal booster fitted between the aerial and the STB but nothing other than that. I have carried out a retune with the aerial removed and then retuned again with aerial connected. At best this has resulted in an improvement of signal quality (not strength) to 100% for maybe 20 or 30 mins and then slips back to about 74%.

As I said in my previous post, I have connected another STB, made by a different manufacturer, to this same aerial feed and it permanently gives a strength reading of between 70 and 75% with quality of 100%. I have also connected a free standing TV giving a reading of 80%+ strength and 100% quality.  I feel therefore that this points the finger at the tuner(s) in the Huawei box.

Regards

Community Team

Hi

I've sent you a PM.  -  How much does the signal strength drop if you bypass the signal booster.  Does the booster allow you to reduce the signal strength slightly.  I've seen this help when boosters are used.  

The Tuner in the current STB is a samsung tuner and these are usually good.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat