Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pixelation on Sky Sports

12 REPLIES
stephenreyn
Popular Poster

I have intermitant pixelation when watching any of the sky sports channels. Tonight for instance whilst watching Arsenal v Tottenham, no issue until around the 65th minute of the game. I can start watchong sky sports news and have no issue for hours but then on other occasions it starts immediately. I use powerlines purchased from talktalk with one phone socket microfilter fitted. Is there a remedy for this? I recently received the offer of £8.50 per month for 18 months but decided not to bother as even at that price it should work. Any help would be appreciated as I dont really want to pay Sky prices.

Thanks

stephenreyn
Popular Poster

I thought talktalk replied on here?

Obviously not.

Hello Sky

Good bye talktalk 

Community Team

Hi

Are you able to test with a direct wired connection to the router to rule out an issue with the powerline adapters ?

Can you try the adapters in other wall sockets.

Thanks

Karl. 

stephenreyn
Popular Poster

Thanks Karl,

I have done this before but happy to try. I am unable to plug in by cable but have changed the sockets both ends. I will watch the Wolves v Liverpool match tonight and report back. 

Thanks again

Steve

stephenreyn
Popular Poster

Hi Karl,

Thought id leave it a while. Basically i'm still having some pixelation but intermittent. It appears on all thr sky sports channels. I have been through a life chat in the past to change settings etc but still no longterm solution. Any ideas would be welcome.

Steve

Community Team

Hi Steve

Trying the adapters in other sockets is good, this can help rule out any issues with a socket or wiring.  The only way to prove if the adapters are at fault is by a direct wired connection to the router.   If the issue happens at that point then it could be an issue with the router if there are no visible issues with the overall internet connection or network.

Thanks

Karl. 

stephenreyn
Popular Poster

Thanks Karl,

Its not possible to plug a wire in, unfortunately i can only use wireless. This has been an ongoing issue for a long time through a house move. Just started to watch the Leeds game tonight but had to turn it off its so bad. Even paying £8.50 per month is just a waste of money. I've been with talktalk for a long long time, but its just not good enough, its poòr and tantamount to theft given i'm paying for something you cant provide. Talktalk is cheap, but thats for a reason. A good analogy between you and Sky would be BMW and Lada, they're both cars but a world apart. I'm sure we all know who would be Lada! Thanks for your help but in truth its not been what the definition in the dictionary says.

Regards

Steve

Community Team

Hi Steve

Apologies for this.

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

stephenreyn
Popular Poster

Yes please that would be helpful. I have also tried another set of powerlines, newer than the original set and purchased from talktalk with no discernable difference.

Regards

Steve Reynolds

Community Team

Hi Steve

Can you add you home phone number to your Community Profile so we can arrange to send the router.

Thanks

Karl. 

stephenreyn
Popular Poster

Hi Karl

Telephone number updated (hopefully)

Steve

Community Team

Hi

All tests are clear on your line, no issues showing.  All levels are normal and the speed looks fine with no errors.

Did you try the powerlines in other sockets at all to rule out any issues with the sockets etc.

If you have then the next option would be for one of our engineers to come round and take a look.

Karl

stephenreyn
Popular Poster

Hi Karl,

I swapped the powerlines socket and then i changed the powerlines themselves. The pixellation does not seem as bad / often but as I said at the start it is intermitent. I'll be watching some football this weekend so we'll see how that goes. Is the replacement router on it's way?

Thanks

Steve