Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pixellation interference on picture

11 REPLIES
angrita
Conversation Starter

My picture gives intermittent pixellation on any channel when using the YouView box - also giving horizontal line interference.

Most of the time it is ok, but then seems to have a spell when it is doing it frequently.

If I use the TV in native mode (not through the box) it is not a problem.

My other TV attached through a powered aerial splitter booster also gives no problems (not through box).

I have also changed the aerial cable to the YouView box. No change. 

Because of this to me it points to the YouView box being the problem.

My YouView box is relatively new - last 12 months I think.

The last one died completely causing me to lose all my recordings so reluctant to go down that route again unless no option.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Community Team

Hi

Is the aerial to the yoview box split with other devices or come from a booster etc.  Some boosters if pushing too much power can have an averse effect. The variable boosters that allow you to turn down the signal levels a little will often work better at 70% of power.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Make Broadband Better - Join The Sam Knows Trial

angrita
Conversation Starter

Karl

The aerial cable comes from a booster box (Remotelink A240D), but it is NOT a variable booster so cannot adjust power.

I am trying to work out with the cables I have whether I can by pass the booster for the YouView box so I can test it. I will find a way, then test it and get back to you.

Thanks

David

Community Team

Hi David, 

OK, let me know how your testing goes.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

angrita
Conversation Starter

Karl

I thought there was some improvement but then last night it was as bad as ever.

I have some mobile phone movie clips which I have tried to insert but not sure I have succeeded in doing that.

David

Community Team

Hi

Do you want to try swapping out the box to see if that improves.

Thanks

Karl. 

angrita
Conversation Starter

Thanks for offer. I really do not want to lose all my recordings as happened last time my box failed totally. 

Is there any way I can save those if a new box is delivered?

It would at least nail the problem.

David

Community Team

Hi

No option currently to transfer the recordings.

Thanks

Karl. 

angrita
Conversation Starter

Thanks. Will ponder and see if I can do any more troubleshooting to pin it down further.

angrita
Conversation Starter

I have no further ideas and a very bad evening tonight.

I would like to accept your offer and try swapping out the box.

What do I need to do?

Community Team

Hi

A replacement is on the way.

Thanks

Karl. 

John1949
First Timer

I am having the very same problem which is getting progressively worse, to the point where some programs are now almost impossible to watch because they are breaking up so badly. It is particularly bad on the channels that are delivered via the internet. I also have a problem with the box continually freezing and have to re-set it on average once a week. My package includes Faster Fibre with an average download speed of 35Mbps. Any ideas?