Need help?

Playback failure [TTG-252]

ANSWERED
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
andyjlock
First Timer

Hi

Ive just recently joined TalkTalk TV and I'm having problems accessing the TV boosts I've subscribed to. I've got the Kids & Select boosts but when I try to access anything I get the Playback Failure [TTG-252] error message. I've tried speaking to technical support on a number of occasions but can't get through!

Any ideas how I can resolve this? My box is on the latest sw version and I've tried a hard reset. I'm getting seriously frustrated with this... not a good opinion of TalkTalk TV!!

fre55die
Community Star
Solution

Hi @andyjlock

This has been escalated for OCE support for you and they will respond here.

Could you please ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Launch Profile Wizard,put your phone number in box, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

You could try a Maintenance Reset Keeping recordings if you have any as follows, although if you don't have any, then a reset from the main menu is simpler.

If you DON'T have recordings that you want to keep Press blue button on remote > Settings > Factory reset.

If you DO have recordings that you want to keep then it's :

Turn the box off, then unplug power lead for a couple of minutes.

Re plug in power .

1. Ensure the YouView Box is switched off and is currently connected to the router (the YouView Box will require an internet connection).
  2. Power on YouView using button at the back of the YouView Box.
  3. Start YouView using the power button on the YouView Box front panel and then quickly press and hold both the + and – buttons on the front panel. If you haven’t pressed the buttons together by the time 'YouView Waking Up' is displayed, or you see the 'YouView please wait...' message then try again.
  4. Let go of the + and – buttons once the 'Huawei – Maintenance Mode menu' is displayed.
  5. The + and – buttons on the front panel will navigate the menu. Keep pressing the – button until 2 “factory reset keep recordings” option is highlighted. If you go past the option, simply press the + button to navigate back to the option.
  6. Press the power button on the YouView Box front panel to select the option. This will bring up some information and ask 'Do you want to proceed?'. Press the power button again to confirm.
  7. The YouView Box will now show a progress bar as it downloads software from the internet and installs on the YouView Box. This may take several minutes. Once complete, the YouView Box will restart.
  8. Once the YouView Box restarts, the YouView Box will show the initial setup wizard. You will need to run through the setup wizard including tuning the channels.

You will then need to reset your personal settings (such as parental controls / RF loop through / Surround Sound etc.) and also reset your scheduled recordings (might be worth taking a note of future recordings before doing this so you don’t miss any).

It is also a good idea to restart your router once you have done this.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
andyjlock
First Timer

Thank you. It worked!! :thumbsup:

Community Team

Hi Andy

Apologies for the delay.

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie