cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Plus box freezing/not recording

1 REPLY 1
First Timer

My plus box has started an issue where I switch off the tv while it’s recording a show and when I try to put it back on it won’t respond to the remote to turn on. Once I reboot it it works ok but has only recorded half of the show. Tried again today, watched a whole show while recording it at the same time so recording should be finished before I turned the tv off but same issue, won’t turn on and had only recorded half of the show on rebooting it. 

Cheers Kraig
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Check the TV Menus and see if there is any option that mentions HDMI CEC and turn this option off.  This will make sure the TV is not trying to turn the box off when it is turned off.

If recordings still fail after this, try a  Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).

Set the TV Box back up and see if performance improves.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE