Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Poor performance

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Popular Poster

I have 2 issues I’m looking for help with:

1. Why does the sky sports boost keep pixelating? It is unwatchable so I’m paying for something I can’t watch

2. I’m sick of my son telling me he’s been kicked out of PS4 online games due to ‘network issues‘.

I have 40mb fibre broadband with a HG633 router.

Thanks in advance

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Can you add your home phone number to your Community Profile so I can look at your connection.

Also, is the TV box direct to the router with a cable or do you use powerline adapters.

With the PS4, is this a direct wired connection or over wifi ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Karl,

sorry I didn’t get a notification of your response so I’ve only just see it. I’ve added my TalkTalk phone number now.

The tv is connected to the router via a cable. 
The PS4 was originally WiFi but I’ve had to buy a WiFi extender and plug it in near the PS4 and connect it using a cable. My son doesn’t get kicked out of online as much but the network connection freezes for a minute or so.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I’ve added a couple of screenshots from tonight’s pigs tour golf on channel 406 so you can see the extent of the issue

Hi

Not seeing any line issues.  Check your home phone is clear of any noise.

I've a new router on the way so we can rule this out.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thanks Karl.

No static / noise on the landline.

Will test the new router when it arrives and report back.

Cheers,

Iain 

Highlighted

Hi Iain

Clear line rules out any issues with that side.  Lets see if the new router helps 🙂

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Karl,

I’ve received the router and have set it up successfully. I’ll test it over the next week or so (Sky sports and PS4) and let you know how it goes.

In the meantime thanks very much for your quick and excellent help.

Iain 

Highlighted

Hi

OK,  test and let me know if there are any issues.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips