Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Powerline Adapters Issues. YVM 102

10 REPLIES
Twinkle12Toe
Team Player

Powerline adapters not functioning correctly.

Also Youview message. 102

TTRob
Problem Solver

Are you powerline adaptors plugged directly into the mains socket or into an extension like the image below?

If so plug the socket directly into the mains socket, I had exactly the same symptoms when I first got Youview and was supplied the black (non-pass through) adaptors.  Because I was short of mains sockets I ended up replaced the powerline adaptors with pass-through ones and this resolved the issue.

Extension lead

Twinkle12Toe
Team Player

What do you mean by pass through?

Yes - we have to have multi plug points.

They were fine until a few days ago.

TTRob
Problem Solver

Pass through means homeplugs that have a built in socket which means that you do not waste a socket with a homeplug only.  See the image below.

Pass through homeplug

Community Team

Hi Twinkle12Toe,

do you have the powerline adaptors in the main wall sockets? 

Have you tested with a cable to the router to rule out a powerline issue?

Thanks

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Twinkle12Toe
Team Player

We have the TalkTalk D-Link Powerline AV Adapters - purchased through TalkTalk last year. (Not cheap. )

We still have the issues, though we are connected to the Internet. The middle LEDLight still does not light up.

A phone call I think coming up.

Many thanks for your input. Very helpful.

Community Team

Hi,

I can arrange for one of my colleagues to call you regarding your issue.

Please can you let me know what time is best to call. (9am to 6pm - Mon to Fri)

Please also ensure you have updated your profile to include your home phone number and alternative contact number to allow my colleagues to contact you directly.

Following the callback time, please can we ask you to complete our callback survey : http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/callback-survey

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

d_matt1
First Timer

As has been said your power line adapters should be pluged into the mains socket at the wall.  Plugged into a gang plug and so forth can cause the functionality to be reduced and or stop the adapter from working.  They also may have been unpaired so you could try pairing them again. 

The most probable cause for this issue is another device such as a PC, laptop, tablet and so on having the same IP address and being used at the same time.  If you think of a room that only one person can live in at any one time, the first person to that room gets to live there.  'How to's' to change the IP adress of youview box will be in the help section and or all over the interweb just google it or gheck the help section on TalkTalk.

I hope this is helpful to someone.

David (d_matt1)

simmobb2
Team Player

i'm having problems similar to op. How do you re-pair the talktalk powerline adaptors please?

d_matt1
First Timer

I personally don't use TalkTalk powerlibe adapters.  However within the talkealk help section I did find this

http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/how-do-i-use-my-powerline-adapters-0

I do use powerlibe adapters and sometimes cause issue with the same IP address being assigned to 2 devices.....

David (d_matt1)

joniron
First Timer

Thanks you for that advice..Did not work immediately but closed system down etc the usual and you view box working hooray. Still can't access the catch up channels but can watch recorded  programmes..So glad a came on here today.