Chatterbox

Hello there

can anyone help me please my

Powerline Adapters are displaying no lights

many thanks

Walter25
Team Player

Hi markyd

Are ther no lights at all them.  I guess you should have at least the power light on with each one.  If not, maybe the mains socket itesf is no longer live for some reason.  You could unplug the offending one and try it in a known good power socket.

PS - just saw this guide.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Fix-a-problem-with-your-Powerline-adapters/ta-p/2205308

markyd1981
Chatterbox

Hello Walter25

Just to confirm that NO lights are working and I have tried the adapter in another socket but to no avail

thanks for your reply

Walter25
Team Player

Hmm, it does kinda sound like it's expired (met it's maker), unless someone else knows a good trick to get it going.  Sorry I cant help you any more than this.  Stupid question, but I don't suppose you could run a network cable instead could you?  Much more reliable...  Looks like you're not the first with this problem:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/TalkTalk-TV/Powerline-Adapters-displaying-no-lights/td-p/2227721

markyd1981
Chatterbox

Should Talktalk renew the adapter or do I need to buy new ones?

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @markyd1981

If you swap the PLA's over and press either the reset button or if there is a pin reset do this whilst plugged in. As in the previous comment fron @Walter25, there should be at least a power light on at least one of them, unless a power surge or something has killed them both.

Regarding the replacements, Where and when did you get them from, (I.E. Did you get them from TT or somewhere else ?)  What make and model are they?

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
markyd1981
Chatterbox

Hello fre55die

Both adapters where supplied by Talktalk 2-3 years ago when the Talktalk TV box was first installed.

Both adapters show no lights whatsoever.

Both adapters are Talktalk D-Link model No-DHP 300AV

thanks for your help

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @markyd1981

I have escalated this for OCE support for you and they will respond here.

Could you please ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Launch Profile Wizard,put your phone number in box, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
markyd1981
Chatterbox

many thanks @fre55die

Community Team

Hi markyd1981

"Both adapters where supplied by Talktalk 2-3 years ago when the Talktalk TV box was first installed.

Both adapters show no lights whatsoever"

Apologies for this. The warranty period for this would be 12 months.

Thanks

Debbie