Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Powerline Adaptor not working

ANSWERED
9 REPLIES 9
Pippin100
First Timer

One of my adaptors has stopped working, have tried all the things listed including reset but still not working and hence no internet on tv.  How do I get a replacement please? TIA.

KeithFrench
Community Star

If you put them side by side in a double power outlet close to the router, with the network connector unit connected to a router LAN port by Ethernet cable, what lights are on each unit?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Pippin100
First Timer

Hi Keith, thanks for the reply.  On the transmitter the power light and the ethernet light are on but not the powerline light (I have the older square adapters).  On the receiver there are no lights at all, however if you hold the reset button the powerline light will illuminate but once released, all goes dark again.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Solution

Thanks, it does sound like a problem with the receiver unit. I will ask the TalkTalk OCEs to investigate this for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Pippin100

i'll get a set of adapters out to you and we can see if this helps.

Regards,

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Pippin100
First Timer

Many thanks for your help Keith.

Pippin100
First Timer

Thank you Karl, look forward to receiving them.

OCE_Karl

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

LeyFamily
Popular Poster
Hi there Karl,
We have similar problem - been with TalkTalk for abut 6 years I think and always had to use powerline adapter for the TV (not sure why it cant pick up the wifi as fine everywhere else in the house and recently had upgrades). We do have an old style TV Box but its the powerline adapters that suddenly seem to have stopped working. We actually have 4 adapters so have tried all different combinations, factory resets, etc etc - but now very bored of trying to fix it and had nearly 2 weeks of no internet TV so paying for TV boosts and Now TV that we can't watch ! Please can you help by sending new adapters ASAP and new TV Box ?
Many thanks
Helen
OCE_Karl

Hi LeyFamily

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Working From Home Tips