Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Powerline adaptors failing

6 REPLIES 6
plodder
Team Player

We have not been able to access Youview iPlayer etc over Christmas - message said "we are unable to connect to the Internet". Found that power line adaptors are not working - the one nearest the router is flashing randomly. The one near the YouView box has power and LAN lights only. Please advise.

TC
Community Team

Hi

Have you tried a factory reset of the adapters, then try an re - pair them and see if they connect ?

Thanks

Karl. 

plodder
Team Player

Karl, thanks for your reply. I have tried powering off and on, and unplugging and reconnecting but it has no effect. The adaptors only have power switches, and do not look like the images I found on the TalkTalk site, so are they older models?

TC
plodder
Team Player

Karl - my apologies. Have just looked again and found there is a RESET hole on the adaptors. I've stuck the end of a paper clip into it, and pressed the PAIR button on both units, but they are still not connecting up together.

TC
Community Team

Hi

I've a replacement set of adapters on the way to you so we can see if the old pair are faulty.

Thanks

Karl. 

plodder
Team Player

Hi Karl

The replacements arrived yesterday. I have installed them this morning and they work fine, thank you. I will return the faulty pair to WEEE Returns or a local recycling centre.

Many thanks for your help

Tony

TC
Community Team

Hi Tony,

Glad to hear the new adapters are working and have possibly solved the problem.

Regards,

Karl.