Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Problem with Netflix via TalkTalk

20 REPLIES
Old Lag
Popular Poster

I have had TalkTalk's youview for several years, they installed a new youview box recently as my old box failed.  Since then I've been unable to open Netflix.  Netflix does not recognise my (unchanged) email address, so they cannot identify me.  They say I must ask TalkTalk to cancel my £5.99 subscription, then I can open up a new Netfix account.  Fine, EXCEPT that TalkTalk say they cannot cancel the £5.99 payment as my deal is with Netflix (although the payment is part of my TalkTalk monthly bill).  Talk Talk say talk to Netflix, Netflix can't find me and say talk to TalkTalk, meanwhile I'm paying £5.99 and cannot watch Netflix.  Any ideas very gratefully received!

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Old Lag

Login to Netflix online, cancel your current service with Netflix. Start a new Netflix account.

If you've forgotten your Netflix password there's a forgot my password link.

Gondola - Community support team *

To appreciate my support  . . .  If I helped with a solution Best Answer

Old Lag
Popular Poster

Sadly that doesn't work as Netflix (for some unexplained reason) do not recognise my email address and so cannot identify my account.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Old Lag

OK.  I've just tried my Netflix login online and that's not recognised either. So Netflix have a problem with online account sign-in.

Just call their customer service 0800 096 8879 and they'll have to identify you by First name / Last name / TalkTalk customer details.

PS I've just looked at the account details they have for me and it includes a phone number so that's an additional and unique way of them searching for your account.

Old Lag
Popular Poster

I've just had another long conversation with Netflix, they tried to help but no good.  They cannot find my email address, nor my landline or mobile phone numbers, so cannot identify my account.  I offered my TalkTalk account number but Netflix say they have no access via this route and my only way forward is to persuade TalTalk to cancel the £5.99 payment.

Gondola
Community Star

OK, it looks like Netflix have deleted the account.  My account looks to have been deleted as well.  No way of recovering it.

So, yes, I'll flag this up to the OCE's to get the back office team to remove the Netflix billing with your approval.

You'll need to ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your TalkTalk landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and save changes. The TalkTalk Community support OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account.

Old Lag
Popular Poster

Thank you, that is brilliant news.  I've entered my name etc. and two 'phone numbers.

Community Team

Hi

I've emailed our TV teams to ask them to take a look into this for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Make Broadband Better - Join The Sam Knows Trial

Old Lag
Popular Poster

Thank you for your help, Karl, greatly appreciated.  I'm looking forward to hearing of progress in shutting down my £5.99 subscription for no Netflix.

Community Team

No Problem 🙂

As soon as I get a reply I'll let you know.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Old Lag
Popular Poster

Hello again, Karl - any news yet on shutting down my £5.99 monthly payment for no Netflix?

Community Team

Hi

Sorry for the delay I will chase this up now.

Karl.

Community Team

Hi @Old Lag

Would you like to fully close down any netflix subscription with Netflix also, when this is removed from the account.

Thanks

Karl. 

Old Lag
Popular Poster

Yes please, Karl, I'd like to close down the £5.99 payment via TalkTalk and my Netflix account (if they can find it) so that I can start again with a clean slate.

Thank you for your help.

Community Team

Hi

OK, I've passed this along to our TV teams, they have found some related netflix account info also and they will process this.

Thanks

Karl. 

Community Team

Hi

Netflix is removed for your account and Netflix have confirmed they have scheduled your Netflix account with them to close on 13th August.

Regards,

Karl. 

Old Lag
Popular Poster

Thank you so much for your help, Karl, greatly appreciated - I was beginning to wonder whether any light would appear at the end of the tunnel.

I will start all over again by rejoining Netflix after 13th August.

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Old Lag

I should join them directly if I were you as I have seen this same problem on here a few times.

You will still be able to use the NETFLIX app on your box and all the other benefits although I pay £7.99 Pm for unlimited devices including Tablets and all my devices, I find it painless. It is cheaper if you only want to use one SD device.

https://www.netflix.com/signup/planform

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Community Team

Hi

I'm with fre55die on this.  I have a Netflix subscription and keep this separate from my TalkTalk account.  I can still watch Netflix through the TV box, but I administer Netflix separately through their dashboard.

Thanks

Karl. 

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Old Lag

Don't forget you get one month free if you sign up directly.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.