Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Problem with YouView box & remote

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sightseer
Hi
I'd like some help please with my Talk Talk You View box and remote, here's the story...
Remote always says please replace the batteries.  Before you rush to explain how to do this I feel fairly confident that new batteries are NOT the problem - for the obvious reason. Also, the buttons are getting quite temperamental so I hoped to follow the online advice about resetting the remote except it's not possible to press 1 & 6 together as required, number six simply doesn't work at the same time however new the batteries are.
You view box watches live TV fine but paused/ recorded TV breaks up.  I've seen some conversations about whether I'm watching live through one aerial and my answer is that I have one aerial cable that goes to the You View box and from there to TV so everything it watched via the box.

Helpful advice very welcome please - thank you.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number or Account number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

If unsure of your phone number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please post back on this thread when this has been done..

Thanks

Karl.  

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thanks for your response.

I've added my phone number to my profile now, as requested.

I've also had an extensive only chat with a colleague leading to me doing all the standard trouble shooting possibilities like a factory reset on the box.  Finally I was asked to confirm whether the issues remain.  The issue with the box requires me to watch per-recorded TV and whether or not it's very believable I haven't had much time to do that yet.  However, the remote is definitely as temperamental as ever.  You colleague was not prepared to offer a replacement remote until the issue with the box was resolved as a replacement box would invariably include a new remote.  I get that but I also read other threads where people seem to be getting replacement remotes a lot easier than me.  In the mean time I considered buying my own remote and getting a little less satisfied with your customer service but I need a V3 remote and it appears you only you only seem to sell V4 ones.  Please let me know if you've got anything helpful for me - thank you.

Highlighted

Hi Corny_me,

Thanks for the update. Have you had a chance to test the recordings/paused TV to see if the channels are still breaking up?

Would you like us to send a replacement TV remote?

Thanks

Highlighted
Sightseer

Well, my son has watched a complete movie and was pleased to report it all viewed well - without freezing or pixelation errors so if you're offering a replacement remote that'd be fantastic, thank you.

Highlighted

Hi Corny_me

That's great 🙂

I've ordered a replacement remote control, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Thanks

Debbie