cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Problem with you view box

25 REPLIES
Nwhewell
Repeat Guest

Almost everyday my box won't turn on unless i unplug it at the back and plug it back in.  I have tried maintenance mode resets (keep recoridng option) and it doesn't rectifiy the issue.  My son suspects the box is failing and has tried lots of the advice on similar topics here.  It's very frustrating. When it does eventually come on, i have to follow the same pocedure the following day and sometimes the same day to get it to work. 

If anyone can help I'd be very grateful.  Seriously thinking of getting rid of it and getting freebies play!!!

Community Team

Hi,

Can you please add your home phone number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

If unsure of your number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please reply when this has been updated.

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Nwhewell
Repeat Guest

Details updated

Community Team

Hi

I've updated the firmware for your router, and reset the port.

Can you retest and see if this still happens tomorrow.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Nwhewell
Repeat Guest

Yes -thank you

Community Team

Cool, let me know if this has helped, and if not we can try something else.

Thanks

Karl. 

Nwhewell
Repeat Guest

Unfortunately tHis hasn’t worked. Been out today, came home turned tv box on and not working. I get only one channel and it won’t change over!  I know if I unplug it and restart it’ll be ok until next time I turn it off.

Jmichellebrown
Visitor

Mine is rubbish. I cannot get it to work I have tried maintenance setting so many times, nothing all I can watch is dvds I am frustrated beyond belief and I would never ever recommend talktalk it’s shocking. You cannot get through for help, the technical assistance are rude.

i have tried everything as has my adult son. I am effectively paying money for nothing. It’s robbery

Michelle Brown
Jmichellebrown
Visitor
Same her
Michelle Brown
Jmichellebrown
Visitor
I should say same here. Rubbish doesn’t work I am so frustrated and service is appalling I want out. I am paying money for nothing and it’s robbery
Michelle Brown
Lisawalker
Sightseer

I have the same problem. Remote will not work unless it is turned off by the mains and reset having to do this every time you want to change channel so frustrating. Now we cannot record or watch catch up TV! Please help if anyone has a solution

Community Team

Hi Jmichellebrown

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Community Team

Hi Nwhewell

I've asked our TV Developers to take a quick look at the box logs and see if they can see what is causing this.  Will let you know when they reply, and we can then discuss the next step.

Thanks

Karl. 

Nwhewell
Repeat Guest

Thanks I look forward to hearing from you.

Community Team

Hi Nwhewell

Can you turn the TV box on and leave this on, even if not working, so our teams can try and pull some logs from the box.

Thanks

Karl. 

Nwhewell
Repeat Guest

No problem but i won't be able to until 5.00 ish

Community Team

Ok, as long as you can leave the box switched on i'll let them know.

Thanks

Karl. 

Nwhewell
Repeat Guest

IT should now Be on. 

Nwhewell
Repeat Guest

I should point out that the box has always been on.  Ie connected to power and the on off switch at the back in the on position.

Nwhewell
Repeat Guest

Is there any progress with this issue?