Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Problem with you view box

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Popular Poster

For the past few weeks my talktalk TV box has not been able to load UKTV player. It tries to load but after a few seconds reverts back to the TV channel I was watching previously. All the other the other players load with no problem. My broadband connection is ok and I can get UKTV on my computer. I've restarted my router which is a Huawei-DG8041w several times and it has not solved the problem. I have restarted my Youview box several times and done a factory reset this also has not solved the problem. As I am 80 years old and live on my own I would appreciate some help with this problem.

Richard the lionheart
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Do the other players work, BBC Iplayer etc ?

If so, this may be an issue with UKTV play specifically.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thanks Karl for your reply as I said in my post all the other players load OK and I can get UKTV on my PC which is using the same router as the TV, yesterday though 2 programs I have set to record daily at different times failed to record one was on Pick and the other was on UKTV Drama 

Richard the lionheart
Highlighted
Popular Poster

I have not yet had a solution to the problem I raised on the 24th April since then I have found that I can record programs on UKTV and then play them but the youview box still won't load the UKTV player which seems to indicate to me that the fault lies with the youview box and not with UKTV as you were suggesting

Richard the lionheart
Highlighted

Hi

I've had reports of UKTV player issues on other devices so this would appear to be an issue with the player itself.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Karl. Thanks for your answer it looks like I'll just have to watch UKTV on my PC.The indicator lights on the front of the youview box have become very faint and are now just about visible i don't know if this means anything.

Richard the lionheart
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Further to my original post of 24/04/20 to which I didn't receive a solution to my problem.My problem has only got worse my youview box in my opinion is no longer fit for purpose and beginning to wonder what kind of service I am paying for. 

The problem now is it keeps indicating its still recording a programme hours after the programme has finished any attempt to get out of this situation by using the remote control leaves me with a blank black screen which does not respond to any commands from the remote control. The only temporary solution I have found is to restart the youview box which        then responds to the remote control and then everything is more or less back to normal apart from it only having recording about 1/4 of the programme it was set to record but  within 24hrs the problem returns.

SOLUTION PLEASE 

Richard the lionheart
Highlighted

Hi

Can you try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).

Set the TV Box back up and see if performance improves.

Thanks

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thanks Karl for the reply, already tried that and a full factory reset where you lose your recordings neither solves the problem

Richard the lionheart
Highlighted

Hi

A replacement TV Box is on the way to you.

This should arrive within the next 48hrs.

Regards,

Karl.  

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Karl many thanks for your help.

Richard the lionheart
Highlighted

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Popular Poster
received the new TV box 2 days ago everything is now working perfectly thanks to everyone at TalkTalk
Richard the lionheart
Highlighted

Hi

Glad to help.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips