cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Problems accessing recordings!

12 REPLIES 12
Whizz Kid

Hi I spoke with someone today who put together a package which persuaded me to stay with TT. However I now find I have no access to the Sky channels, Fox and others this is in spite of the fact that my account is showing I have the TV Select Boost at £9 pm which includes these channels!

I was prompted to set up Sky 1 and then taken to Now TV! As a consequence I am unable to access past recordings of Sky programmes I get a message telling me I no longer have access to these channels with a code of IPC6039.

I am not sure what I am missing all the recordings on the other channels work fine. I have now tried paying for a month's Now TV in the the hope that I can catch up with the more recent Sky/Fox shows I have recorded!

I am now left wondering if I have made a mistake in renewing my contract, butI guess I do have 20 days I believe to change my mind!

☹️

Community Star

This doesn't sound right, @Talman.

They are not supposed to be selling TV boosts any more:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/TV-Boosts-Guide/ta-p/2204379

This needs untangling. 

My fellow Community Stars should be able to advise - I don't use the TV services myself,  so their advice will be better than mine. 

I will copy in a couple of colleagues.

@fr8ys, @fre55die 

Or try Chat again and hope you get better advice?

Staff will be back on here from Monday, and it can take a couple of days then for them to reach new threads. 

Gliwmaeden2
Please click "like" if this helped you!
Whizz Kid
Thank you! I am a little nonplussed! When I went into my account there is a green tick in a box next to the TV Select Boost and if I click on it, it asks if I want to remove the boost!
Not sure what is going on, but was a bit miffed not to be able to access stuff already recorded!
I will try chat again tomorrow and see what they say!

Take care!
Community Star

Hi @Talman 

From what you say you had the boosts but they appear to have been removed. 

TalkTalk are pulling out of boosts next year, but they can continue at full price. However, as I understand it, they are actively selling Now TV passes and removing boosts at renewal IF the customer agrees. Did you perhaps agree to this, even inadvertently?

Once a boost has been removed you lose access to all recordings from the boost, due to Sky licencing requirements.

Additionally, once a boost has been removed, the OCEs have stated that it cannot be reinstated. However as you say it is active on your Account, there may be a technical reason for them not working. Hopefully @OCE_Karl will be able to confirm next week.

Buying a Now TV pass will not give you access to your recordings as Now is a stand alone app.

Now TV has its own catch up function within the app.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Whizz Kid

@fr8ys Hi thanks for your response I was told I would have the TV Select boost and it is definitely showing on my account! Thanks for explaining re the Now TV app. Had I been told I would no longer be able to access previous recordings I would not have agreed to go ahead! 

I hope it can be resolved, because we have the final episodes of some series I recorded some time ago to finish and they are no longer available on Sky!

Take care and stay safe! 

Whizz Kid

@fr8ys Hi I was speaking with someone from chat this morning, but lost the connection I did establish that the TV boost has now been removed! However as yet I am unable to confirm how I was told my monthly payment would be £51.50 per month, which on the breakdown during my chat yesterday included  the TV boost at £9 per month!

The upshot seems to be that I have lost the facility to access my Sky recordings, but am able to access Now TV. However there is of course no facility to record only catch up, which in itself is not a major issue, but Sky have offered me a deal for £39 per month for 18 months which includes superfast broadband, TV and free anytime calls! I would also have both the facility to record up to 6 programmes (should I ever want to) and watch one and of course also have catch up! It would also remove the faffing around of loading the Now TV app!

I have in the past thought about (after many years I was originally with Tiscali) moving from TT and now have up to 20 days to think about it perhaps this is the catalyst for me to break the inertia and move on! I will give it some thought today and I will no doubt have to speak with someone from TT again if I decide to pull the plug on what has for the most part been a good experience!

Many thanks again for you help and advice. 

Whizz Kid
@fr8ys Well this is a little strange I can access some of my Sky recordings, but not others? I am unable to access the Fox programmes, luckily those I have watching are on Now TV! BW
Community Star

Strange indeed.

Might point to a technical issue, so hold on for the OCE to reply.

I've escalated to them again.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Whizz Kid
@fr8ys Thank you!
Community Team - TT Staff

hi

I've had a look, and the TV Select boost was removed on 22nd.  This is also reflected by no TV boosts showing in the TV systems.

As TV boosts are no longer available, these may not be added with new contract changes.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Whizz Kid

@OCE_Karl

Hi Karl thanks for your response I now understand re the TV boost and (grudgingly) accept not being able to reapply the boost despite having an email telling me I could, but I was unaware that this would prevent me accessing previous recordings.

To further compound things last night I was able to start watching several of my previous recordings, however after watching one complete episode of a series I was unable to access any others, including those I had been able to start watching earlier!

It has been suggested that for reasons I don't quite follow that having had the boost removed you no longer have access to any Sky/Fox programmes that had been previously recorded, but if this is the case why could I watch something last night?

I thought after being offered the opportunity to renew with TT early it would make things easier, however now I wish I had not been so gung-ho!

BW

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

The boost may have been removed from your account, but if there is a small delay removing this from the TV cloud system then some content would have still been available, albeit briefly.  Once the product is no longer showing in the TV system then it will not play.  

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Whizz Kid
Okay thanks.