Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Problems when recording streamed channels

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

I am unable to record a streamed channel (ie. Sky) and watch any other one at the same time. Even trying to record a channel I am watching is impossible. 

The channel I am watching pixelates, stops and starts and then freezes.

The recordings being attempted also fail.

The box will then not respond in any way to the handset.

i have to switch the YouView box off and reboot to be able to access non-streamed channels (Freeview).

Have carried out recommended fixes to no avail.

i have had the YouView box for some years and wonder if it has come to the end of its life.

ANY SUGGESTIONS ABOUT WHAT I CAN DO.

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Can you try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).

Please note any future scheduled recordings will be lost and will have to be rescheduled.

Set the box back up and try a few test recoedings and see if they succeed.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Thanks for advice Karl. Have carried out suggestion and will try later today to see if problem solved. Will advise you in due course.

Highlighted
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi Karl,

Problem of pixelation and stop start etc still exists. YouView box is now also shutting down momentarily, leaves a blank screen, then comes back on.

Recordings it is supposed to be making come back as “Failed to record”.

Channels play fine without it or anything else being recorded. As soon as a recording is started problem occurs.

Advice please.

Highlighted

Hi

OK, as a last resort the only option left is to try a full factory reset from the settings menu.

This will wipe the hard drive and set this back up, so removing any corrupt recordings.

Can you try this and see if this changes anything.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
Carried out Full Factory Reset as suggested and this seems to have cured the problem.
Could this problem have come about due to the continual disconnections that have been taking place with my broadband, that you are helping with on another feed?
Highlighted

Hi

There is always a possibility, but it's a slim one.

Thanks

Karl.