Did you mean: 
Need help?

Re: TV Box

8 REPLIES
huey45
Popular Poster

Hi I have had strange problems with my TV Box over the last few weeks

I can view normally through the day and night, when I come down the next

day the box is frozen, and will not respond to the remote, if i pull out the power

lead and wait for 30 secs, the box goes into restart mode, and all seems ok

till the next time, recently I have had to do 3 factory resets, and being honest

I will contact customer services, with the view of getting a replacement box

as this box in my opinion is not fit for purpose...

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @huey45

The TV Box not responding to the remote control from time to time is an issue that is usually fixed by a soft reset - press and hold the front panel power / standby button for around 8 seconds until the panel lights change and then release and let the TV Box restart.

Is the TV Box connected to the router and got an Internet connection?

Have you updated the software?  It's important it does have the latest software to be compatible with the latest update to the TV transmission standards.

Gondola - Community support team *

To appreciate my support  . . .  If I helped with a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi huey45

did you try the soft reset as advised by Gondola ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Community Team

Hi huey45

Any further issues ?

Karl,

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

huey45
Popular Poster

HI Yes

After spending £140 on a new Mast head amplifier and 4G filter, my tv picture still breaks

up on BBC1, so I switched soley to my digital tv, with the same setup, and experienced

no problems whatsoever, I need to contact customer services for a new replacement box

or if they do not supply, I will cancel my contract, in mine and aerial installer, the box is

not fit for purpose, the tuner in it is very weak...

huey45
Popular Poster

Hi how do I get through to customer services, to get a replacement tv+box, all I get is automated

questions, I answer them and get no where, other than a phone line test, which reports no problem with a text back to me, as we do not use a landline, we use mobiles all the time

this is really frustrating, not being able to talk to somebody in person, even live chat will

not work, if I cannot get through to somebody to replace my tv+box, which at times

is un watchable even after a engineer visit, and paying a aerial contactor £140.00

for a new masthead amplifier and a 4G, i will be cancelling my contract with TT

as in my opinion the box is not fit for purpose, I will then buy my own box, to do

what the TT Tv+box is supposed to do !!!

Community Team

Hi

When calling our customer teams have you asked to be transferred to the Technical TV teams ?

Thanks

Karl. 

huey45
Popular Poster

Hi Karl

Please tell me how i get to speak to customer services in person, all I get is automatic response

press button this, press button that, then input your telephone number etc etc, the list is endless

If I cannot get to speak to a person I cannot move forward, I do not want a engineer, I have been

dont that route, to no avail, you have read what a TV Aerial Installer has done to no avail, whilst

my digital tv works perfect on the same aerial system without the tv+box, I need a replacement tv+box as a solution

Community Team

Hi

Customer services can be reached via 0345 172 0088  or you can use Live Chat.

Thanks

Karl.