Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Really losing the will now with TV Boost

11 REPLIES 11
Emmaisfedup
Chatterbox

We have been with talktalk for a while and recently upgrade to faster fibre broadband in September. Ever since the upgrade we haven’t been able to view the kids tv boost channels which we previously had. I’ve made numerous calls to the help and support team who take me through all the checks and then say they will pass it over to the fault team who will then call me within 48hrs. This has happened three times and I am yet to receive a call from the fault team. Not good. I did an online chat with an advisor last night and went through the whole thing again. He made me do all the checks again and then told me the boost channels would be working today. He said he was confident the problem would be solved. Ha!. The channels have disappeared completely. They aren’t even on the TV guide now. I’ve done all the resetting etc and updated the software but nodifference. I now can’t even access the my stuff section when I press the talktalk button and get TTg-201. 

Obviously ive been paying for a service which I haven’t been getting and the kids are feeling extremely deprived and are nagging me about when they’re going to be able to watch their programmes again. I just don’t know what to do next. I cancelled the subscription and then added it back thinking this might work but it hasn’t. Any help gratefully received but please don’t ask me to do the basic checks again because I’ve done them so many times I think the cat would be able to do them blindfolded now. 

Community Team

Hi

I can see the Kids Boost is showing on your account correctly.  I've laos checked the line for any issues and the speeds also look fine.

As this is the first time I'm looking at this problem for you, I just need some info to help me investigate.

Can you tell me what happens when you select one of the Kids channels from the guide. Are there any on screen error messages ?

If you can also access MORE TV then select some on demand content from the Kids boost then try the channel again.  Accessing this way will force a subscription check.

If all the above fails, can you also let me know if the TV box is connected directly to the router with a cable or if any powerline adapters are used.

Thanks

Karl. 

Emmaisfedup
Chatterbox

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Yesterday the channels had disappeared completely from the TV guide but they are back again today. I think this was an unrelated problem and experienced my many others. 

When I select a channel from the TV guide it comes up with a subscription channel unavailable message saying there is a problem with the connection between the router and the box. Code IPC6017.

(The connection is fine)

I’ve selected the on demand stuff from My Stuff and this doesn’t solve the problem either. 

Emmaisfedup
Chatterbox

The box is connected directly with no adapters

Community Team

Hi

This is usually a subscription error.

I've passed this to my TV colleagues to check all the information in the TV back end systems is correct.

I'll update you as soon as they reply.

Thanks

Karl. 

Emmaisfedup
Chatterbox

Thanks Karl

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Emmaisfedup

Just a random stab in the dark thought which may be a quick fix or possably not!! Press blue button on remote > Settings > Software Information > Update software. As you lost the channels yesterday it may just kick it all back into life.

As I said it's just a clutching at straws thought but if it does work you won't have to wait until Monday !!

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Highlighted
Emmaisfedup
Chatterbox

Thanks for your message. I tried that already though. I did it yesterday when we lost all the channels completely in the hope it would bring them back. We haven’t been able to view the channels since 15th September!! I don’t know how much longer I can keep going with this. 

As I entered a new agreement in September does anyone know what my rights are with regards cancelling? Obviously I’m not getting the service I signed up for. I would just cancel if I thought I could go elsewhere. 

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Emmaisfedup

As I said it was a random stab. No use to you BUT, it was a system CO=K up as I use a HUMAX box and it didn't work when I tried it at lunchtime but, when I tried at 6PM it sorted the problem out.

Good luck as it is SOOO frustrating.!!

You can remove the boosts at any time providing that you have had them for more than 30 DAYS from MY ACCOUNT, JUST LOGIN and remove them from your package.

If you are talking about leaving TT altogether, I believe that if you post a formal complaint https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-do-I-make-a-complaint/ta-p/2204670

they have 28 days to fix it and you can leave providing that you give them notice of your intention to do so if the problems haven't been fixed. However I don't really know the procedure, I should certainly use the E-MAIL option as it will probably take forever on the phone !!

HOWEVER as Karl is on the case and he usually gets 98% of problems sorted, by raising a complaint at this stage may well mean that he will be unable to continue to handle it so it may be worth waiting a few more days before proceeding down this path !!

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Emmaisfedup
Chatterbox

Thanks very much for your suggestions. Very much appreciated. I wish I’d discovered the community chat before; I’ve made progress in the past 24 hours than I have in the past two months. 

fre55die
Community Star

@Emmaisfedup

I was updating my reply when you posted this so have another read.

Community Team

Hi Emma

Our TV teams have advised a couple of things.  First, is they can see some issues with the Box itself, and this really needs to be replaced.  A new one is on the way.

Now, can you access MOTE TV and select some boost content.  Then try the channels again and see if they work.  The Teams have made some changes this side.

Thanks

Karl.