Did you mean: 
Need help?

Recording 2 boost channels

ANSWERED
13 REPLIES 13
ashscrivens
Wizz Kid

Hi,

The help section on talktalk's website states the following..

If you've got Faster Fibre, your TalkTalk TV Plus box can record up to two programmes at once. This means that you can enjoy your favourite freeview channels, whilst recording the big game and perfect family film on your Boost channels.

See the screenshop for the chart, it seems to state with faster fibre i can record 2 internet channels at the same time but when i try this it only allows 1.

Is this a new feature being rolled out or does my box have an issue?

Thanks 

ashscrivens
Wizz Kid

Screenshot_20180306-130316.jpg

ferguson
Community Star

Are you trying to watch a third channel while recording the other two?

ashscrivens
Wizz Kid

No, lets say i'm tuned into Sky One and it recording if I try then record Sky Two I get a recoring clash, always have.

I knew in the past this has always been the case with TalkTalk that you could only record 1 boost channel at a time.

But it seems according to TalkTalk if you have Faster Fibre you can record two now.

ferguson
Community Star

@ashscrivens wrote:

I knew in the past this has always been the case with TalkTalk that you could only record 1 boost channel at a time.

But it seems according to TalkTalk if you have Faster Fibre you can record two now.

That's the way I read it too. Let's see what our TV support guy has to say.

HollyBy
TalkTalk Products Team
Solution
Hi guys,

Thanks for flagging this, looks like the cat's out of the bag! This is something that we're working on, we've just not released it yet. It seems that the online help article was updated slightly prematurely. I'll get this corrected and we'll keep you posted on when the functionality will be made available.

Thanks, Holly
ashscrivens
Wizz Kid

Thanks Holly! Great news that its coming in the future!

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @HollyBy

No extra costs then when it's released ?

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
HollyBy
TalkTalk Products Team
Hi @fre55die,

That's correct.

Thanks, Holly
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for jumping on to another posters thread. Any more news on this feature. Regards

Gondola
Community Star

...Product Manager HollyBy said earlier today "you might like to know that we will soon be introducing the ability to record one boost channel while watching another. We expect this to be available in the next couple of weeks."

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks we just need the HD channels next 😂
Gondola
Community Star

...Dad, what's HD?

You mean UHD, surely?

...Yes I mean UHD son.  And don't call me Shirley!

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
HollyBy
TalkTalk Products Team
Hi everyone,

In case you haven't already noticed, we have now released the update that allows you to record two Boost channels at the same time (apologies for not getting back to you on this sooner). We hope this will improve the TalkTalk TV experience for you!

Thanks, Holly