Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Recording sky sports using NOWtv

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Repeat Guest

Having just renewed contract and wishing to continue as before, which included Sky Sports boost, it seems I can only watch Sky Sports by subscribing to NOWTV. The cost is £20/month for 12months rising to £33 after that. I have just discovered Sky Sports progs cannot be recorded using NOWTV unlike before. There was no prior warning of this, I only found out when attempting to do it. Can anyone comment on this please as recording is important to me and not like for like as I was led to believe

Stan Rooney
Highlighted
Community Star

As you have discovered, recording Now TV is not possible.

if you have not cancelled your sky boost this will continue at full price with the benefit of recording. If you have cancelled the boost, then sorry there is no way back.

there are no deals to be had with sky boosts going forward, hence the Now TV offering.  

regarding the full price you quote, shop around for Now TV passes and apply these to your account, as there are deals to be had.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Highlighted
Repeat Guest
Thanks for response. Contract was due for renewal, no offer retaining sky sports boost was made, only NOW tv if sky sports was to be maintained. No mention of losing recording facility was mentioned. This is miss selling by Talktalk. This is no good to me as rarely in when sports progs I want to see are on.
Stan Rooney
Highlighted
Community Star

I'm not sure it is mis selling as Now TV is widely known as a cut down version of sky with no recording and streaming either live or via catch up.

TalkTalk help page on this is here 

You can also view live via a smartphone or tablet via the Now App.

If you feel you have been mis sold, I suggest you speak to the loyalty team.

0345 172 0046 is currently working. Say "Loyalty Team" or "leaving TalkTalk" or "cancel TalkTalk" when prompted and you should get through to someone to talk to.
You may though have to listen to a few lengthy recorded messages, but if you persevere you should get through to someone.

They are currently working Monday - Friday 9am-7pm, and some Saturdays going forward.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Highlighted
Community Star

How did you renew?

Highlighted
Community Star

@Stanley Rooney I have raised this to the community manager here, who will feed back your comments to the various teams to ensure they know that Now Tv cannot be recorded.

if you renewed on the phone, then there may be a recording that can be listened to that will confirm any mis -selling, so it could be worthwhile phoning loyalty as I suggested and giving them the date and approximate time of your conversation and ask them to review it , if there is a recording.

you never know.