Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Remote Control slow or not responsive

9 REPLIES
mrwrighty
Wizz Kid

My TV box remote has become slow to respond and some buttons required a long hard press to make them work. I have the original marked J124403 in the battery compartment which I've had since we originally took TalkTalk TV. Can I get a replacement.

KeithFrench
Community Star

Have you tried a reset of the remote control:-

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Remote-control-troubleshooting/ta-p/2204449

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

mrwrighty
Wizz Kid

Thanks for your help, but as mentioned in my comment, the remote works but some buttons taken a long hard press to make them work. This is normally and indication that the circuit board is breakng down and can also be the result of the failure of the button contacts which means they require longer presses to respond. The remote is sync'd correctly and doesnt have issues controlling the TV or the TV Box other than the delayed rsponse. The remote batteries have recently been replaced. The handset is probably 5 or more years old.

KeithFrench
Community Star

I will ask one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi mrwrighty

I'll get a remote out to you and you can retest.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Make Broadband Better - Join The Sam Knows Trial

mrwrighty
Wizz Kid

Thanks OCE_Karl.

Community Team

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

mrwrighty
Wizz Kid

New remote arrived thanks. All good with the TalkTalk TV box however the volume is very sluggish controlling the TV.

I can’t find any instructions for the V4 remote only v1,2 and 3. I’ve followed V3 instructions and held the search button until the LED flashes and goes steady and used button 8 for my Sony Bravia. But when changing the volume it takes a couple of presses of the volume button to get the volume on the TV to respond.

I also saw instructions about using OK and the top right power button to get to the TV settings mode but couldn’t get that to work.

Community Team

Hi,

We do try to keep our help site up to date with as many manufacturer codes as possible, and newer codes are added as they are provided from the various manufacturers.

You can try searching for a generic code that may work, by using the search function on the remote, and more advice may be found within our Online Help Article.

Thanks

Karl.

mrwrighty
Wizz Kid

Am I using the correct buttons to set up the TV, i.e. pressing and holding the search button until the LED flashes.