Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Remote control not working

9 REPLIES 9
fes101
Team Player

My remote will no longer control the volume/turn the TV on and off etc. It will change channels on the box and etc. I have doen all the reset codes and reset with the TV codes etc, but it will not work. I have even tried it on different TV's. What can I do? Can  get a new remote?

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @fes101

Have you tried unpairing it from the TV ? Then pairing it again. You say that you've tried it on other TV's IT NEEDS TO BE PAIRED to use these functions although personally I prefer keeping the 2 remotes separate.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
fes101
Team Player

Yes, I have reset the remote using the instructions and then attempted to pair it again (on all the TV's I have tried, and using the appropriate code per manufacturer!), but the remote will no longer pair to any of them.

fre55die
Community Star

@fes101

So the remote is doing all of the functions INCLUDING INCREASING AND REDUCING THE VOLUME ON THE TT BOX ? Just not on the TV? is that the problem?

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
fes101
Team Player

No. It does not control volume on either the box or the TV anymore, but also no longer controls the TV on off either, but does turn box to standby.

I have checked all the settings. Reset the remote as per the instructions. Turned the box on and off, but it still does not work.

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @fes101I have escalated this for OCE support for you and they will respond here.

IMPORTANT

Could you please ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Launch Profile Wizard,put your phone number in box, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

Community Team

Hi fes101

I'll get a remote out to you and see if this helps.

Thanks

Karl. 

fes101
Team Player

Thank you so much the remote received today and volume works again. Don;'t know why we lived with it not working for so long! Very efficient fix. Don't suppose you could do the same with our router that drops out all the time and has to be turned on and off again! Maybe I could stop the husband moaning at me too, when sky sports pixelates and goes off as we are 'not connected to the internet'!

Thanks again.

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @fes101

If you look under Karl's post you will see that they are allowed weekends off, so it will be Monday before he will be back to you.

Could you give some more details about the problem such as How Is the TT box connected to the router? Is it a direct ethernet cable or Power Line Adapters?

What router is it, have you done speedtests etc.?

If you are using powerlines, Do you have a long Ethernet cable that you can connect temporarily between the Router and the box, or move the box closer with a long HDMI lead so that you can do this?

Are all of the lights on both of them CONSTANTLY green with no Orange or Red occasional flashes on the centre one?

Is it possible for you to connect either a laptop or computer to the PLA by the box and run a speedtest from there ?

P ower L ine A dapters are notorious for occasional dropouts, which can cause your problems on these boosts, which need a continuous high speed connection. So this is just to rule these out as being the problem.

Community Team

Hi fes101

Glad the remote has helped.

If you can answer some of the questions asked by fre55die I'll look into this for you.

Thanks

Karl.