Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Removed boosts still show under subscribed tab and not extras

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Community Star

I removed a boost recently (Thursday) but the channels still show under the subscribed tab within the guide.

I have tried a retune and they are still there. 

Shouldn't they move to the extras tab when a boost is removed?

I know that if I do a maintenance reset then they will move, but I don't want to have to reset all of my preferences and set up recordings again.

Will these eventually move (and if show long will this take) and if not, then this needs to be added to the list of updates to the box firmware?

Please note that in the current situation there will inevitably be delays in responding to you, due to the closure of customers service centres. To save everyone's time ONLY POST BACK ON YOUR ORIGINAL THREAD.
Highlighted
Community Star

Hey Steve, can you actually still access the channels? What does it say in My Account? It has been a while, but the last time that I cancelled a TV Boost it did take a while for it to come off the system.

Highlighted
Community Star

They were removed within 20 minutes as when trying to access on Thursday I was taken to the setting up and subscribing screen.

Please note that in the current situation there will inevitably be delays in responding to you, due to the closure of customers service centres. To save everyone's time ONLY POST BACK ON YOUR ORIGINAL THREAD.
Highlighted
Community Star

Okey-dokey, let's see what Karl says, as you were too modest to flag this for yourself I have done it for you.  🙂

Highlighted
Community Star

Oh and my account will allow changes now so all-clear.

Can you escalate topic please as missed auto escalation. Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Boost is showing as removed on the system,

does the STB show differently if you reboot via button at the back, or if you go into My TV and select some boost content to see if this refreshes the subscription info ?

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @OCE_Karl,

Boosts are totally removed, but it is in the guide they are still showing (although you can't access without resubscribing).

If you use the blue button to access the individual tabs they are all there under subscribed. I would have thought they would appear under Extras once unsubscibed.

I've reset the box and retuned and they are still there.

If you factory reset they go into the correct sections (did this on one box), but that is a drastic operation and also time consuming in resetting everything. The box should reflect the correct status of the channels, either subscribed or extras.

Highlighted

Hi

I've fed this back to Holly and Rez to get their take on this.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted

Hi @fr8ys

Since removing the boost have you been back into My TV to try and access any content to see if a subscription check triggers the removal of the boost under the tab ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Community Star

I have no recorded boost shows in MyTv

Highlighted

OK, Holly was asking if you'd tried that section to see if it would kick in a subscription check. She is checking with Youview to get their take on this.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Community Star

Should add that this it is showing channels as subscribed on both my Humax and Huawei boxes.

I factory reset another box and these show subscribed under extras.

Highlighted
Community Star

Blimey Steve, how many boxes have you got?  Face_with_tears_of_joy

On a serious note, could that be anything to do with this issue i.e. multiple boxes/multiroom?

Highlighted
Community Star

3 hooked up at present, did have 5! 

Seriously doubt it as I'm not on multiroom, and when I originally subscribed, all boxes showed subscribed channels immediately, so I would expect them to switch them back out of subscribed to extras.

Highlighted
TalkTalk Products Team
HI @fr8ys

Have you been into the More TV app at all since you removed the boost? If not, could you try this as launching the app should trigger a provisioning check which should update things.

Thanks, Holly
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @HollyBy

Yes I had been in too see that the status of my boosts was that no boosts showing.

Tried again today as requested and no change. All previous boost channels showing under subscribed still.

Steve

Highlighted
TalkTalk Products Team
Hi @fr8ys,

Just to let you know, we've tested this in the office and have been able to replicate the issue you've found. We're raising it with YouView now.

Thanks, Holly