cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Require engineers manual for DN370T under EU/UK Right to Repair law

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

How can I get an engineers manual for the Huawei DN370T STB so that I can repair it under the EU/UK Right to Repair law? Its a device supplied by TalkTalk so consumer rights contract would be with TalkTalk but dont know if I have to go to Huawei to get the manual as they manufactured the device.

I dont want to break any plastic tabs once I've unscrewed it, so that I can get to the bottom of why the device is failing to record properly after its latest firmware update a few weeks back when the coronavirus lockdown kicked in.

I've contacted Youview for the source code so I can go through that as they are using various open source Linux librarys to provide the TV STB experience, which they have not answered yet by just asking what the problem is.

Unfortunately TT telephone support is not satisfactory, agents cant deviate from the script provided to them.

TIA.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Opening the box can remove any warranty.

For a manual, you will need to contact the manufacturer directly.  This is not something we have access to or supply.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted

Just curious, what warranty does it have if its years old?

Its well beyond any manufacturer warranty, so do TalkTalk provide an extended warranty?

I'll contact HuaWei and see where that leads me.

Highlighted

Emailed them using this form https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/contact-us/ so I will see where this goes.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

We only provide a warranty with the contract, so usually we will replace if its broken eyc, within the first 18 months, outside of this is discrencianary.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted

Hi

We are out of contract, but I dont think you can fix the Youview software, so the ball is out of your court so to speak anyway.

Thanks for the info.