Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Ridiculous Situation

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
First Timer

When I switched on my TV this evening at around 6.50pm I was surprised to see that the programme information that runs at the bottom of the screen when switching on or changing channels stated that it was saying BBC News at 9 (this was on BBC 2) but thought nothing of it.  Just now when I went to watch the scheduled recording of Emmerdale that should have recorded on ITV at 7.00pm it had the dreaded "failed to record" message.  I then saw that it had failed to record Coronation Street and Only Connect - both scheduled recordings.  I am now watching University Challenge on BBC 2 but when I switch channels the information on ITV says Good Morning is playing; on BBC 1 it says Homes Under the Hammer is on; BBC 2 Victoria Derbyshire programme; Channel 4 Frasier and so on.  Effectively the TV is showing the right programme at the right time but the information is running 10 hours behind and, thus, is affecting the recordings.  Online Chat tried their best but had to escalate it to a CSM who will come back to me within 72 hours at a time that I cannot chose and as I am at work full time will probably call when I am at work.  Nightmare.  My box says it had a software update today and I wonder whether that has caused the problem.  

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @SaraJane76 

Is your internet connection OK (Settings > Broadband connection) as I believe that the EPG uses the internet but, I'm not 100% sure.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

As fre55die says, check the internet connection to the box - ie.  Can you play programs on BBC Iplayer ?

Is the box direct to the router with a cable or are you using Powerline Adapters?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE