Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

SET TOP BOXES NOT WORKING

7 REPLIES 7
wellie51
Chatterbox

TODAY I FIND THAT NEITHER OF MY SET TOP BOXES ARE WORKING, I AM GETTING YVM102, YVM104 MESSAGES. I HAVE TRIED ALL THE USUAL ON THE FIRST BOX, POWERING OFF/ON, CHECKING CABLES, RESETTING ROUTER, NOTHING WORKS. I WAS THINKING PERHAPS BOX IS FAULTY. I THEN CHECKED THE OTHER BOX AND FOUND EXACTLY SAME ISSUES, THEREFORE NOT THE BOX. IT HAS TO BE THE SERVICE. I CHECK THE STATUS OF ALL THE CONNECTIONS, NOTHING POSTED AS A PROBLEM.

ALL OTHER DEVICES WORKING WI FI CONNECTIONS, PC BROADBAND. JUST CATCH UP AND RECORDING NOT AVAILABLE. WHAT IS GOING ON. BOTH WORKED FINE YESTERDAY. ANY HELP, SUGGESTIONS. 

fr8ys
Community Star

Hi,
You are in the staff's queue for a response.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
Thank you

PS, could we ask you don't type in capitals, as it makes threads hard to read. Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi wellie51

Can you please add your home phone number or Account number to your Community Profile. 

We will not attempt to call you, this is so we can locate your account and run tests on your line if you are reporting a fault.

We will then reply via this thread in our Community with any further advice or next steps.

If unsure of your phone number, and if your line is working simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.  Alternatively these details can be found within My Account online or may be on the heading of any paperwork you have received.

Please post back on this thread when this has been done.

Thanks

Karl.  

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

wellie51
Chatterbox

I am still waiting, for a response. I have carried out my own tests and I believe the router is faulty. Everything wireless works, nothing wired works. I have tested many devices plugged directly into router, nothing works. Can I use any router on the talk talk connection. I know this router was preset, but I do  have other router available. This is annoying and is taking too long to get anywhere. Not even sure whether this is the right place to report faults. I need a proper contact to talk talk to report faults and request help.

fr8ys
Community Star

Now you have updated your profile and posted back, the OCE, will now be able to trace your account and look into your issue.

until you posted back they would have been unaware that you had updated your profile.

threads are dealt with in order on a queued basis.

you can always try your other router to compare, but the OCE will need your original one in when they run diagnostics.

please let us know how it compares if you do try swapping it over.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
OCE_Karl

Hi wellie51

I'll get another router out to you asap.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

wellie51
Chatterbox

Talk Talk have all my details on their system from when I joined them. It was a surprise being asked to supply them again before I got any help. I am a paying customer, I should not have to solve lots of issues before getting help. 

OCE_Karl

Hi

We are unable to identify you from your community user name, so need to request you add a number to your profile and we then use this to locate your account.

This is standard practice across many forums to identify someone.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips