Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Says I need to restart my router IPC 6023 on a wired netowrk

ANSWERED
11 REPLIES
zaphodikus
Conversation Starter

I have a hole bunch of kit working just fine and my Samsung TV works just dandy, both plug into the same switch, I even swapped them, but the TV works 100% jsut the Hauwei set-box seems very sliggish and cannot watch content even though the Samsung TV can watch Amazon channels perfectly fine, plugged into the same 10Mb switch.

IPC 6023 is all it does, what other options do I have? I don't watch that much telly, so no idea when the problem exactly started, might have been last week even. Mostly the talk talk box is jsut showing a black screen and then the PC 6023 error every few minutes - really hard to judge what is going on as a user.

I occasionally try help others, I suggest: Power down modem for 2 minutes. Go to your community profile and add your phone number, relax. Nobody can see it. Do not bump your thread, the support queue here is bottom-up.
zaphodikus
Conversation Starter

Have spent an hour trying various things.

The talktalk box is not really doing anything, it's just a freeview reciever - something my telly does just fine, so I could just throw it out. But on principle, it should work, if I swap all the cables, my TV functions fine, same co-ax and 10baseT. Rebooted all the kit now. Clues?

I occasionally try help others, I suggest: Power down modem for 2 minutes. Go to your community profile and add your phone number, relax. Nobody can see it. Do not bump your thread, the support queue here is bottom-up.
fre55die
Community Star

Hi @zaphodikus

How is the switch connected to the router? I.E. directly or via Power Line Adaptors ?

Amazon etc. need at least 2-3 Mbps The boost channels ideally need at least 5-6 Mbps.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
zaphodikus
Conversation Starter

Wired, about 50 meters. I don't know how that's really relevant, it has been working for 9 months but recently we had some work done in the roof, maybe moved the aerial. I jsut excluded that as a cause, since the TV can pick up amazon and iplayer channels. I jsut swapped flyleads.

Also I recieved my 3rd router, maybe the new router - I've been mostly just watching amazon via the smart-TV ever since we got replacement Dlink router. But I'm sure freeview was working still.

1. Talktalk router (a dlink one) =>

2. Personal Dlink router =>

3. Dlink 1G switch => 50 meter cable to lounge

3. 10mb switch connecting to Talktalk set box and to SmartTV

I'd try hook the box directly into the main router, but that would just be wierd, since the smart TV 3 inches away works fine. Worth a try. Might be the freeview co-ax is the real problem, and the error code is just a red herring - had some work done in the roof, hmmmm better try see if the co-ax is still happy.

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @zaphodikus

The IPC 6023 is usually a router connection problem. 

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/error-messages/fix-for-ipc6023

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
zaphodikus
Conversation Starter

Yeah, because my cable arrangment allows it, I'll hook the router directly to the TalkTalk set top box. And also double check my aerial was not disturbed with the roof work a week ago. The 10baseT also goes the same way as the aerial, so worth a good checking of that.

I just ran out of time troubleshooting last night. I think the dlink router has been fine, we have watched TV sicne it got swapped with the Hauwei router,  but I did notice a power outage (actually a few glitches too now that I think about it) sometime the last day, so a direct connection tonight should tell us more. Will report back, hopefully victorious.

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @zaphodikus

I too get the IPC6023 warning from time to time with the Dlink 3782. Let me know how you get on. Good luck !!

zaphodikus
Conversation Starter

Nope. Set-top-box ethernet port is Dead.

Assigned a static IP 192.168.1.5 and nobody is home

Set it back to DHCP afterwards. The ethernet is fine, I am watching amazon streamed over the same ethernet cable, it's well under 50 meters. I was a network installer for almost 3 years, so I know what I'm doing with the terminations.

I may need a replacement box.

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @zaphodikus

Do the catch up channels work ie BBC I player etc?

Have you tried a factory reset from the settings menu ?

I have escalated this to OCE support so you should hear from someone on here soon, hopefully tomorrow.

Could you please ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information, Settings, Personal information, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

zaphodikus
Conversation Starter

Thanks,

Yes, the TV box diagnosing is particularly hard due to the way the box just stops sending pixels or is just sending a black screen a lot of the time, so I have to keep waking the TV up again with it's remote, only to see a black screen. This leads me to believe I need to factory reset the set-top box.

Not tried factory reset on the router and the set-top box. These seem like the next step due to the way I sometimes come home and find that my LAN has dropped out at some point, indicating that I am having power problems lately might be breaking. I'll try open the BBC and other apps, first might be a good thing to establish a bit of diagnostic data that way.

Last night I did try direct hooking up to the TV box, and that did not change what I see, so factory resets will be my next thing to try.

zaphodikus
Conversation Starter
Solution

Factory reset on the set-top box, all sprang to life after that.

Minor adding of stuff to watch and record again, and we are all set :-)

Community Team

Hi

Glad you've got to the bottom of this.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat