Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Second TV Plus Box Even Worse

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Participant

Hi

We were sent a replacement TV Plus box around 2-3 months ago now as our old one kept switching off and was having problems recording.

The replacement box was working fine until about 3 weeks ago. Recordings are not always recording, the box freezes 2-3 times a day, sometimes when you are watching a recording it will suddenly freeze and then throw you back to the main screen and when watching live TV the picture will also just freeze for sometimes 5 minutes at a time.

Have tried everything, including a factory reset (losing all of our recordings in the process which is far from ideal).

Obviously we are starting to get very disillusioned with this service now. We pay for the Entertainment Boost and Sky Sports and it is becoming a task to watch TV. My other half is a big football fan and it is ruining his experience completely, why pay for Sky Sports if it not watchable? 

I am not sure what help can be given because if another box is sent yet again i am worried it will work for a month and then fall into this state again. We were also sent a new router 6 weeks ago for a separate problem so our Broadband should be fine.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi HelloTeale87

I'm really sorry to hear this.

How is the TV Box connected wired or using powerline adapters?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Debbie

Thanks for replying.

The TV Box and Router are right by the TV and are wired. No Adapters used.

Many thanks

Highlighted

Hi

If the TV box has been fully reset and the issue continues then the only option we have is to replace the box in case the unit has become faulty.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Kevin

Ok thanks, we will go down that route again then.

can you confirm please?

thanks 

Highlighted

Hi

replacement is on the way.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Participant

Many thanks

Highlighted

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips