Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sky Cinema boosts have terrible signal quality

4 REPLIES 4
goldhawke
First Timer

My you view box is connected to Broadband via powerlink adapters. All the channels seem to work apart from all the Sky Cinema boost channels. The signal is blocky and freezes all the time. Im assuming its not a broadband or aerial issue as the other channels work fine. Any help appreciated.

ferguson
Community Star

If you can test temporarily with a direct ethernet cable link between the box and the router this would help to identify whether the issue was with the powerline adapters, or elsewhere.

goldhawke
First Timer

Thanks for the reply - I will give it a go tonight. My tv is mounted on a wall quite far from my router but will see if I can make it stretch. Out of curiousity, if the powerline adapters were faulty would none of the channels work?

ferguson
Community Star

Only the Boost channels are multicast streamed over your broadband service and these do require a particularly clean signal. Powerline adapters do work just fine in most cases, but they can cause issues, so worth testing around that as I said. Let us know how you get on and then we can look into it further as required. 

goldhawke
First Timer

Will do, thanks.