cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Sky Sports Boost unavailable TTG-212

jimbo7
Team Player

HI Ajaysl you seem to have same problem but it asnt come up on this blog maybe we are running out of space thanks for joining in anybody else out there with this issue dont be shy strength in numbers but please be polite & patient give CharlesB TIME  THANKS Jim.

ADE-50D
Repeat Guest

I have exactly the same problem as everyone else, I've been following this thread hoping that the solution would be posted. 

Extremely frustrating, especially with the premiere league starting this weekend, now paying for a service I cannot use. 

ADE-50D
Repeat Guest

I have exactly the same problem as everyone else, I've been following this thread hoping that the solution would be posted. 

Extremely frustrating, especially with the premiere league starting this weekend, now paying for a service I cannot use. 

jimbo7
Team Player

Hi ADE-50D  Thanks for letting me know you have same problem so thats ; bryhog ; mickblueys ; Thomo27 ; Ajaysl ; ADE-50D ; jimbo7 ; all with same problem and waiting ???  

Thomo27
Repeat Guest

Yes Jimbo, waiting for a solution ;-)

CharlesB
TalkTalk Team
Can everyone who has posted or name is above make sure your profile is up to date so the tech teams can identify your line and number to ensure the systems working ok in the network for each line. It is not a broad issue but specific
Crazylegsdude
Team Player

Can you add me to the list

I have problem accessing talktalk player too aswell as no skysports

I'm not grouchy by nature, it takes constant effort!
BryanS
Repeat Guest

Could I also be added to this list for a fix pls

Ajaysl
Repeat Guest

Please add me as well . Profile updated

Thanks

pocketsizedfish
Sightseer

I also am having the same error with no access to sky boosts. Set up box from new 3 days ago

CharlesB
TalkTalk Team

i can see a number of people with issues....TTG 212 can be either in home issues on setup or something in the backend TV platform....if everyone can make sure they follow Stephens advice below again copied because you cannot access sky sports from the TT Player ..you have to watch it from channel 403 etc...we will disable this soon in the player to make it clear.

if you are still having issues after below then pls respond again...

========================

Hey @jimbo7 @mickyblueys @bryhogg @Thomo27,

Sorry to hear you've been having some issues watching Sky Sports, rest assured we're looking into this, however, i've just had a workaround shared with me and I wanted to make you aware so that you're still able to take advantage of the boost channels. 

If you navigate to the channels from the TV guide rather than through the player the channel should play perfectly fine, the channel numbers are as follows:

Sky Sports Action - 417

Sky Sports Arena - 418

Sky Sports Cricket - 405

Sky Sports F1 - 407

Sky Sports Football - 404

Sky Sports Golf - 406

Sky Sports Main Event - 402

Sky Sports News - 401

Sky Sports Premier League - 403

Could you try this and let me know if you're able to access the channel without any issues. 

Thanks

BryanS
Repeat Guest

Charles,

Thanks for the guidance. There are no listings in my guide for any of the Sky Sports channels. It goes from 273 then 700

mickyblueys
Team Player
Just to confirm Charles I am unable to receive these channels by either inputting the numbers directly with the remote, attempting from guide, or by my boosts Via the talktalk button.
Thomo27
Repeat Guest
The channels can be accessed, but there is only a silent, black screen. For reference channel 401 ( sky sports news) which isn't included in the boost, says it needs setting up to watch.
CharlesB
TalkTalk Team
If sky sports news says setup then hit ok and set it up..maybe this will push it thru...given you have the boost it doesn't cost anything
Thomo27
Repeat Guest

Sky sports news is part of the basic entertainment pack, it will cost me £5 per month.

Correction, sky sports news is part of the six channel TV starter package.

jimbo7
Team Player

just to confirm as stated this morning ,yesterday. stillcant access sky sport through talktalk button ,guide ,or putting in channel numbers. if try get 401 it asks for further £5 susciption per month does that mean talktalk want £13.50 now pm.

jimbo7
Team Player

charlesb earlier in the blog robertsmith9 suggested sky sports at sky to solve the problem i thought you took him to seriously  i thought he might have been a little sarcastic but may be not £18 for for football or 8.50 for nothing ?????

CharlesB
TalkTalk Team

Oh I am sorry...in some packages it's included and some it does cost,I have just realised......apologies.

see what OCE say on why channels are not visible...I can only think just check channels to make sure not hidden by going into guide then hit yellow button and see if channels are hidden.

apart from that make sure all software updated in settings.....you could do a hard reset of the box to force it to re register but not sure if you lose all your recordings?...have to wait until OCE respond.

Thomo27
Repeat Guest
On my box, which has been reset and updated yesterday (basic box, no recordings), the channels are listed, can be selected, but just display a blank screen. Sports is the only boost I have, until now I haven't really used the box.