Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sky Sports Resolution very poor

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hello There,

i have recently noticed that all 6 Sky Sports channels are now very low res. My internet connection speed is healthy at 32Mbits/sec or higher and I have no issues with Amazon Prime etc or general internet connectivity.

i have also noticed that telephone calls seem to have some background noise of late. Could the two issues be linked do you think please?

i have done the service status test and all is showing as green, but something is definitely up as Sky is very low res. Would it be possible to investigate line issues please?

thanks.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Just following up my own post. What I actually think is wrong is the aspect ratio or zoom or something. Writing on the far left or far right is partially missing (out of shot) and everything seems a bit zoomed in. It briefly corrected itself this morning but on retrying just now it is rubbish again.

could this be a you view box issue? There are no similar issues with free view channels or Amazon Prime etc (apps). It is just Sky. 

thanks!

Highlighted
Community Star

The aspect ratio from the YouView box is fixed, so if you are having any issues with that check your TV settings.

Other than that this has been flagged to the support team, they will get back to you as soon as they can.

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Thanks that is appreciated. You view box is set to 1080p and TV is set to default. Are there any known problems with resolution or frame rate or anything else with YouView boxes and Sky/Now at the moment?

If relevant I will add that the TV and YouView box are unchanged for around 4 years. It is only recently the Sky quality has dipped. Something is definitely up.

Thanks again.
Highlighted
Community Star

There have been known issues with NOW TV if that is what you are using, nothing specific on the Boost side I am aware of presently.

Highlighted
Popular Poster
No, just a normal TalkTalk YouView box with Sky Sports as a boost.
Thanks
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Have you checked the resolution on the Tv is set at 16:9 ?

All tests are clear, only a slightly higher than normal reading for earth leakage, but it's borderline.

If you unplug everything from the socket and connect a different handset at the 'Test Socket' , do you hear any line noise ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE