Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sky Sports TV Boost

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

As I am sure most of you know Sky has no live sport to show due to the Corvid-19 epidemic currently, and it is likely to stay that way for some time.

I have a TalkTalk Sky Sports TV Boost 18 month contract which runs until December 2020 along side my Faster Fibre broadband deal.

Can anyone tell me, if I deselect (un-tick) this boost in "Manage My Boosts", will I lose the remainder of my contract if i do this? Or can I tick it again without penalty when normal service is resumed for the remainder of my contract?

Any help appreciated.

regards,

boydell.

Highlighted
Community Star

You may have a discount on your Sky Sport Boost, but you will not have an 18 month contract. After 30 days you can cancel any Boost at any time without penalty. And then start again whenever you wish. Of course nobody can be certain what pricing offers there might be as and when sporting activities resume. 

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi boydell I was wondering that as well because I have just read sky have let their sky sports channel customers that they can suspend their sky sports subscription online and still get all 11 channels free until once live sports return to the schedule which I think is a very good way of keeping your customers and personally think it would be a good gesture for TalkTalk to maybe do something similar so that TalkTalk can keep their customers so like I said it is only what I read 

nick white
Highlighted
Community Star

Yeah, but Sky customers are tied into a contract. With TalkTalk, you can just cancel it.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Thank you ferguson for putting me straight I understand now but doesn't TalkTalk have a deal with Sky so in a way, TalkTalk is a customer of Sky or I have probably got that wrong as well LOL

nick white
Highlighted
Community Star

TalkTalk is effectively a reseller of certain Sky products and the terms are accordingly different.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Many thanks for the replies so far. Perhaps giving this problem an airing might prompt TalkTalk to add some clarity, despite them apparently having staffing dificulties currently.

Thanks once again.

regards,

boydell.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Boydell

with Sky sports, or any TV boost, this comes with a 30 day commitment only and you can cancel at any time.

You can remove the booxt via My account so you are not paying for the Sports while the majority of Sports are on hold.

You can then re-add the boost when normal service is resumed.  If you currently have an offer for the boost, this cannot be paused and you can only add the boost later in the year with any offers that apply at that time.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Highlighted

I've just posted about this issue as I have a half price offer on my sky sports boost. If I cancel and then take the boost out at a later date I'm pretty certain it won't be at the half price I'm paying now! I've suggested they could put this on hold or at least honour the half price deal I was offered when I restart the boost

Highlighted
Insightful One

@graeme_simmonds Hi please post in ur own topic on this side as i see u have posted on the ideas side which is ok but u can not get help with a issue there like u can in the help with ur service side

Please see the post below from oce Karl who is talktalk staff

"with Sky sports, or any TV boost, this comes with a 30 day commitment only and you can cancel at any time.

You can remove the boot via My account so you are not paying for the Sports while the majority of Sports are on hold.

You can then re-add the boost when normal service is resumed.  If you currently have an offer for the boost, this cannot be paused and you can only add the boost later in the year with any offers that apply at that time.

Thanks  

Karl. "

if u want a actual answer then i ask to post in ur own topic on this tv side as the staff only like it if u can help the person with there issue they do not allow or help people with in others

from what i have read tv boost can be added and removed but for a full answer please ask it should not affect u plan as in broadband side

if u have the sky sports on a offer when u joined or renewed then the offer can not offered later on from what Karl is saying

please make sure ur profile is full with all info as it will make it easier for talktalk staff to help u soon

please do not post any person info on here as is open to public 

Hope that help Joe R If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi All,

Emails are currently being sent to customers to allow them to pause their sky sports. This can only be done via the email.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Thank you Karl for your help, and thanks also to those members who have helped since my last email.

I have received a TalkTalk email this morning outlining their resolution to the Sky Sports TV Boost problem, which I must say is a fair one in my opinionn, and I shall pause my subscription for the duration. I assume all Sky Sports subs have like me received this email too.

Thanks again to All.

regards,

boydell.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

Emails are going out now to all Sky Sports subscribers.

Karl.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
OCE_ Karl thank you Karl you are just the best I hope you stay safe
nick white