would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sky Sports contract and coronavirus

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi

I currently have the Sky Sports 18 month offer contract which expires on 9 June 2020. Because it is not the month-at-a-time boost I am unable to cancel it as I would like to, there being no football on just now. But am I able to pause it until the football returns? If so, how do I go about doing this please?
Once my contract expires I would consider taking up any future such offers but, if I am not able to pause the contract, I would be uncertain as to what to do when it does expire in June.
Do TalkTalk have any advice or statements on this issue, which I am sure would be of interest to many of your Sky Sports subscribers?

Thanks

Steve

Highlighted
Community Star

Is this with TalkTalk TV? Because their Boosts including Sky Sport can be cancelled at any time after a minimum of 30 days.

Highlighted
Team Player

Yes, this is an 18-month contract for Sky Sports on the YouView box, part of my total broadband and phone package with TalkTalk. However, I just checked in My Account again. I didn't realise that you need to click on the green tick to remove the boost. So, done that now and Sky Sports removed. Looking forward now to when all gets back to normal and we can enjoy sports once again.

Thanks

Steve

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Steve

We often have offers throughout the year, so when normal service is resumed, look out in My Account for any offers.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Highlighted
Visitor

Update 24th March - TalkTalk have sent out emails to their Sky Sports subscribers giving them the option, via a link in the email, to pause their Sports subscriptions temporarily while there are no sporting events taking place because of the coronavirus pandemic. The subscription will appear as a credit on subscriber's bills. As soon as Sports events are allowed to restart, the customer's Sports subscription will be reinstated automatically. All Sky Sports channels will continue to be available to watch during the paused subscription period without charge. 

Highlighted
Team Player

Oh, that's good, but not for me as I cancelled my subscription on 23rd March, presumably just before this decision was made and the emails sent out. 

Oh well, I'll have to see what offers are available when things get back to normal.

Keep well everyone.

Steve

Highlighted
Chat Champion

@Robbo11 I haven't received this email. How can I pause my Sky Sports subscription, please?

Highlighted

Like Robbo I didn’t receive an email. I would also like to pause.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

The emails are being sent out in batches and staggered so you should receive the email.

Please remember to check any spam folders incase they are in there.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Highlighted
Chat Champion
Thank you OCE_Karl.