would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sky Sports picture quality is blocky

10 REPLIES 10
Fresh
First Timer

Hi

The picture quality on all the Sky Sports channels is very poor. Repeatedly freezes and shows blocks of colour in the way that freeview channels used to with a poor aerial. My internet speeds keep varying from nearly the 38mb I pay for down to around 18mb. I restart the router when this happens and the speed increases for a few days before fluctuating again.

The picture on the sports channels doesn't improve at all and they are unwatchable.

What else can I do?

Thanks 

FRESH
Community Team

Hi Fresh

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line is in sync at 32.2mb.

Are you connected wired to the TV box (to the router) or using powerline adapters?

Thanks

Debbie

Fresh
First Timer

Hi Debbie

The TV box is connected directly to the router as they sit next to each other.

The picture improved yesterday after I re-booted the router and re-tuned the TV box.

I re-booted the router as yet again my speed had dropped to single figures. It keeps doing that every few days. Is there a reason for that?

Thanks

Fresh

FRESH
Community Team

Hi

I am seeing a fault on the voice side.  Are you hearing any noise or interference on the home phone?  Any issues with calls etc ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Jasgbar
Conversation Starter

I am having the exact same problem and have been since I subcribed to the sky sports boost about a year ago.

My speed drops from around 40 down to 10 and the picture goes blocky and colourful. I then reset the router which fixes the problem for about 10 mins before i have to do it again.

I am only paying £8.50 a month for the sky sports boost so i don't mind to much but i would not pay £35 for it. I'm also reluctant to contact talktalk because it is always an absolute nightmare and never get anywhere. They will probbably put it down to some some of interference,

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Jasgbar

The service on here is pretty painless if you want them to investigate and troubleshoot the problem for you.

Could you please start your own thread for support as each problem is individual and needs investigating separately.

Could you please also ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Launch Profile Wizard,put your phone number in box, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Community Team

Hi @Jasgbar 

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you create a new thread, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Fresh
First Timer

Glad it isn't just me!

I too am only paying £8.50/mth for it.

I'm on a cheap deal for Cinema too but that works perfectly.....strange!

I agree with not contacting the support team as you spend an absolute age running tests that get very little resolved. 

It must be a technical fault at their end as last night I rebooted the router and it was delivering 29. Put on sky sports and it was blocky and glitchy.....even during the adverts so it's not the sports coverage that is the only problem...clearly the transmission is faulty

Talk Talk.....sort it out please before customers consider biting the bullet amd paying more and moving to Sky or BT

FRESH
Community Team

Hi Fresh

Can you test the home phone an see if there is any noise on the line or if there is a clear dial tone ?

Any line noise can interfere with the data signal down the line.

Thanks

Karl. 

Foxyron
Chat Champion

I'm having exactly the same problem.  I'm using a powerline adapter to get the channels on a second box. I've done a speed check with and without cable and I can't believe the result of the cabled check - "The speed to your device is 7.4 Mbps"!!!   I'm paying for Faster Fibre, for goodness sake!  What on earth is going on? Grrr!

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Foxyron

Could you please start your own thread for support as each problem is individual and needs investigating separately.

Could you please also ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Launch Profile Wizard,put your phone number in box, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.